Sign in to follow this  
Victoroos

Decision heights via EFB or else

Hello all

I'm trying to step up my fs seriousness, and after flying the charts&radio (instead of only filing in the fmc and go). However, I'm having problems with understanding, or even more finding the minimums/decision height. I'm using aivlasoft EFB, but (against what the manual says) can't see the decision height in their charts...but when I look at the real charts, I don't understand what number I should choose (category aircraft C &D are possible doe the 737 right?).

Can anyone help me?

Vkr

Victor

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Category depends on Vref. The 737 typically falls in Category C. The category is especially important for circling minimums.

http://code7700.com/approach_categories.html

Remember, altitude minimums are usually barometric altitudes, unless you are doing a Cat II or III approach.

Ah, I see, that clears something up a bit thanks! :).. Now a way to find it in EFB..

Ah, I see, that clears something up a bit thanks! :).. Now a way to find it in EFB..

I can't help ya there. I just use Navigraph charts :)

I am not sure you can find it in the Eivlasoft EFB if that is what you are referring to. I use Navtech aswell since I have a logon but you can go on the AIP for most countries and find the charts aswell.

On the Approach tab, in the row just below where it gives you the selected radio frquencies, there#s a block containing, in order left-to-right

ILS or LOC id and frequency

Approach course

FAF Altitude -- BARO (RADIO)

DA (Decision Altitude) -- BARO (RADIO)

TDZE/Length, feet/metres.

The DA is what you need. Set either BARO or RADIO.

Pete