Sign in to follow this  
Dark_Oblivion

Navigraph S550 Citation II FMS Extension Pack | video review and test flight

Hello Dark_Oblivion,

Loved your video great stuff!!! 

Just one question to you, Have you tried to program the FMS for a flight that does not contain the same waypoint ending the SId and commencing on the STAR?

I have tried to program the FMS as per the video entering the starting point and destination in the main window, then on the FP page populate the rest of the FP with waypoints. THis is where it gets screwy, when I then select the departure SID or even the STAR at the destination from the "menu/Arrive,Depart page", it wipes out the waypoints entered before. I have tried every combination possible entering the SID first then the waypoints along the FP but then when its time to select the STAR/APPR it wipes the slate clean again, what remains are the Starting point and the starting waypoint of the Star. Is this a bug? Or I am to fly the FP and then prior to getting the first waypoint on the STAR select it? This however would be problematic for Vnav calculation.

By the way I did do the Navigraph update to AIRAC 1504. No issues there!!!

Your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all the support!!

Lorenzo

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it :)

Yeh I've had that problem too it is really frustrating, in one of my videos I fly from Gloucestershire to Eindhoven and when I inputted the STAR after being cleared by Approach control it wiped all my waypoints before the beginning of the STAR :( So it certainly seems to be a bug. You either have to input your whole route, including SIDS and STARs (which is annoying because the weather can change enroute), or you just have to accept that your waypoints before the STAR will get deleted. Hopefully this will be something they fix in the future.

Sorry for my english, but I have e question.

I saw that if I load a Flightplan created eg with the planner P3D in PLN (or or other programs), it is not entered automatically in FMC, but if I use the autopilot in GPS function, the aircraft follows the imported route PLN, but it is not shown in the display.

It's normal?

can I import a PLN direct in FMC or necessarily have to enter by hand?

As far as I am aware you can input pre-made plans into the FMC. I have used the Pro-ATC import function and the FMC has been populated with the route, so it does work. It could be a problem with different folder locations in P3D, so the FMC can't find it, but that's speculation.

As far as I am aware you can input pre-made plans into the FMC. I have used the Pro-ATC import function and the FMC has been populated with the route, so it does work. It could be a problem with different folder locations in P3D, so the FMC can't find it, but that's speculation.

thank you for answer.

It could be that he look at the folder of FSX? 

How do you do to import with the Pro-ATC import function? I do not know Pro-ATC, but I think it creates a file similar a PLN and you put in PLN FSX folder or not?

Yes it could be if you have both installed.

When you activate a route to fly a pop up appears and you have the option to save the route in FSX. There is also a way you to export manually, I believe you right click on the route and then there is an option to export it there.

Yes it could be if you have both installed.

When you activate a route to fly a pop up appears and you have the option to save the route in FSX. There is also a way you to export manually, I believe you right click on the route and then there is an option to export it there.

Thank you for answer.

I'm sorry, but I have tried everything, but I can not load in the FMC.

Can you tell me if the Pro-ATC file is a PLN and exactly which folder he will save him?

thank you

I cant enter NDB's in to the FMS? My Airac is up to date and when i try to enter RTT NDB the FMS cant find it, but when i select in LOWI a SID with the RTT NDB it is in the list? has anyone else the same problem?

Has anyone else sent tickets to Carendo about the FMS?

I sent my ticket about the waypoints disappearing when i enter the SID or STAR, they asked a couple of questions and heard nothing more from them. I then revised my ticket to hold and behold it was stamped solved!!!! I have sent them another ticket asking how and when it was solved as I had not heard anything back from them!!!

This looks to be a dangerous trend being taken up by Carenado of not adequately providing support for paid products!!

Anyone else has the same issue????

I cant enter NDB's in to the FMS? My Airac is up to date and when i try to enter RTT NDB the FMS cant find it, but when i select in LOWI a SID with the RTT NDB it is in the list? has anyone else the same problem?

Also here, cant´t enter any NDB, anybody knows how to enter !

I made a short video to demonstrate the new navigraph extension pack for the Carenado Citation II, hope it's useful!

Great review however I too bought this addon feature for the S550 and I am a bit disappointed.

1. When I enter a FP into the FMS, some navaids are not found, for example DDP over Puerto Rico, it's just not there, even with the latest navigraph airac which I find strange. There are a lot of missing waypoints in the application. Anyone noticed this?

2. You can't enter an airways, you have to manually enter each waypoint 1 by 1. I can still live without this but it's a must for these types of aircraft.

3. When I enable NAV after takeoff to fly the entered route, the waypoints on the FMS don't get removed after passing or flying over them, instead the distance starts increasing instead of decreasing (obviously because I am flying away from it) but the total distance starts adding up in the FMS flight plan.  At the end of my flight I have all the waypoints entered with the total distance from them doubled. They don't get removed automatically. Has anyone seen this happen? Is there any way to fix it.

The aircraft does follow the flight path, just the FMS doesn't update waypoints correctly after passing over them.

Hope someone can shed some light over these issues to see if at least problem 1 and 3 can be solved .

I am used to flying a lot of PMDG LEVELD, etc but I understand each developer is different.

Regards,

Teo

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg