Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

TOPCAT for the NG and 777

I suppose you're trying to use this as evidence against my points here?

That post isn't the evidence you think that it is. What the guy is answering is that TOPCAT does not provide you with what the actual climb gradient is. It will tell you that you will or will not clear the obstacles in its database (this is when you see "LIMIT: OBS"). It won't tell you what climb gradient you'll be flying as this happens. That's what his post is saying.

You're welcome to continue, but quite honestly, I don't think you're going to get anywhere. TOPCAT will calculate the various segments of the takeoff profile. That's the entire point of the software.

Kyle Rodgers

Firstly (is that a word?), according to http://www.flightsimsoft.com/topcat/?p=types TOPCAT doesn't even support the PMDG 777, but several people are making references to it.

Is that page just outdated?

Secondly, if Aurasim had stayed in business they would have finished their 777 EFB. I know Airline2Sim acquired them, but since that acquisition I haven't heard or seen diddly for that EFB.

Too bad too. It would have been a huge success in sales.

Forgive me for the 'holy thread resurrection Batman' but we've just commissioned our new product '777 Performance Ultimate'. You will like it very much! Beta is expected in September.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Hey everyone

Regarding the Take-off performance calculator in PFPX, is it possible to choose which of the resulting de-rate settings to append to my OFP after the calculation?

I want to take-off from SBSP, which is a short runway in the middle of São Paulo, and I know 737 pilots will always use full thrust there (and even 27K for the 800 SFP).

So I wanted to append the full thrust info to the OFP, but it will always use the best de-rate possible. Is there any way to do that without having to open TOPCAT? Appending the Scratchpad to the end of the document would also help.

Pedro Espindola

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own2_378x68.jpg