Sign in to follow this  
Manny

How to prevent Standard.XML (Joy stick control assignment) from getting corrupted

I hate the fact that the system assigns buttons and axis on its own.

I have so many controllers that this is driving me insane

Everyday its something or the other. I it assigns Axis to my Go flight modules... all my USB devises are treated like joystick.

How do I prevent this from happening?

How do you all manage this insanity?

Once I set my things up, can I make the standard.xml read only and prevent P3D to write on it?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

in FSUIPC you can assign a letter to each joystick -  that means you can plug them into any USB port and the settings will remain.

Manny, any time you go to Settings Controls ( even if you dont change anything ) P3D will write to the Standard .xml. It wont change anything if you did'nt.

Read only won't work, as probably it will create a new one.

Best way is to have different "standard.xml"  Look in prepar3d.cfg and look for Controls here is my entry

[CONTROLS]
Controls_Default=Standard
Controls_Current=Standard_Helo     <<<<<<<<<<<< name of my Helo control set
//Controls_Current=Standard_Hotas  <<<<<<<<<<<<name of my HOtas control set
KBDAIL=64
KBDELEV=64
KBDRUD=54
STICK_SENSITIVITY_MODE=0

now in C:\Documents and Settings\Jorge\Application Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Controls I have  4 files

Standard_Helo.xml

Standard_Hotas.xml

Standard.xml

Standard.xmlx

before starting a flight I decide what setup I will use and change prepar3d.cfg accordingly...done

Make a backup of the files and done , the GUID of the devices should not change and that is what identifies them.''Jorge

I cleaned out all the joystick configurations except for my controller and made both standard.xml and standard.xmlx read-only

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Set them up the way you want. Save them to a new folder. Create a batch file to swap them in and out when needed. Problem solved.

or use FSUIPC and basically ignore standard.xml

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors