Sign in to follow this  
Jesus Perdomo

Question regarding Prepar3d 2.5 behavior

I see...so I think we're stuck with this low radius of autogen then, unless the region includes better autogen through payware

autogen is autogen as far as I know!? default or payware its te same technology and should perform similarly :s

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

Well, looking at this picture from another thread comparing some autogen settings:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7289/11440272736_deb890fb63_o.gif

There seems to be a clear "horizon" or better said "radius" after which autogen is just not generated anymore and therefore, shows up as a big blurry patch on the terrain. I think this is normal behavior, as only people with payware add-ons have improved "scenery" addons that surpass the default by a large margin as seen in George's video

Did I miss something I do not see where he posted (x plane dcs and cod) is fine ? 

Sorry I was a bit unclear there... I meant my computer and my situation. (exactly the same).

What I find odd is that running X plane, DCS or COD the GPU is running at 100% most of the time.

And no stutter or blurries. But with Prepar3d the GPU is at around 50-60% and stuttering and blurries all around.

Running 2.3 a few month ago I had the same problem with blurry textures. That time Prepar3d started with only 3 cores activated. And the simple solution was to activate core 0 in taskmanager after Prepared was started and all blurries were gone. 

I did reinstall 2.3 but now it starts on all 4 cores (and I can't do the same trick) How weird is that!?

And actually now Prepar3d runs better with HT on (both 2.3 and 2.5) but far from good.

Quote from prepar3d.com/forum

December 16, 2014 at 03:58

By Hermes82

"I had problems with blurries before, one of the p3d v2 releases disabled core 0 allowing it to run on cores 1,2 and 3, most people added an infinity mask to start the sim on core 0 at startup but it reverted to dumping the hard work back on core 0, I simply re enabled core 0 in task manager and had excellent response with it, virtually no blurries and noticed in task manager that it hadn’t reverted to dumping all the work back on core 0 but shared the load equally between core 0 and 1, I also disabled hyperthreading as it seems to slow things down and create heat issues, when 2.3 came out it was back to starting on core 0 and blurries were back, eventually I found a program that limits prepar 3d to starting only on cores 1,2 and 3 and v2.3 and 2.4 run fine re enabling core 0 after you’re in the cockpit, the program is called process lasso, it basically allows all core configuration through everything you can do with a cpu, very easy to use and although it’s payware the free one allows you to use the only function you’ll need, the program is called process lasso and you can find it here https://bitsum.com/howfree.php give it a try, it’s free and only takes 5 minutes to install, one issue you’ll finde is that if you use the drop down menu at all process lasso will revert back to cores 1,2 and 3 so you’ll need to re enable it, if for any reason while flying you start to get blurries again check process lasso again, I have a reasonably modest machine so if I can get it to work correctly it should help most people out, my system is i7 2700k, asus gtx 750ti standard oc, 500 gb velociraptor dedicated to p3d, 8gb ddr3 ram and gigabyte B75-D3V motherboard, hope this helps out"

Haze.

Sweden.

Hotas Warthog. MFG Crosswind. MSFS. DCS. IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles.

Running 2.3 a few month ago I had the same problem with blurry textures. That time Prepar3d started with only 3 cores activated. And the simple solution was to activate core 0 in taskmanager  after Prepared was started and all was blurries gone. 

I did reinstall 2.3 but now it starts on all 4 cores (and I can't do the same trick) How weird is that!?

And actually now Prepar3d runs better with HT on (both 2.3 and 2.5) but far from good.

LM explicitly stated they changed core usage to exploit all cores, I think with 2.4.

BTW, while I enjoy P3D, the limited LOD/autogen display radius is one of its "Features" I like less. I read it was introduced by design to keep people from running into OOMs. I only fly tiny GAs and have quite some VAS headroom and never OOMs. I would *love* if someone finds a solution to this, but I doubt it's possible. If memory serves me right, this was different in P3D2.0 where autogen was displayed much further away, but I might be wrong.

One factor not yet mentioned as it's usually overlooked because there's no slider for it, but which has an important influence on display nonetheless is zoom setting. Try different zoom values (press space bar and scoll mouse wheel).

Kind regards

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

LM explicitly stated they changed core usage to exploit all cores, I think with 2.4.

BTW, while I enjoy P3D, the limited LOD/autogen display radius is one of its "Features" I like less. I read it was introduced by design to keep people from running into OOMs. I only fly tiny GAs and have quite some VAS headroom and never OOMs. I would *love* if someone finds a solution to this, but I doubt it's possible. If memory serves me right, this was different in P3D2.0 where autogen was displayed much further away, but I might be wrong.

One factor not yet mentioned as it's usually overlooked because there's no slider for it, but which has an important influence on display nonetheless is zoom setting. Try different zoom values (press space bar and scoll mouse wheel).

Kind regards

I have experimented with zoom levels a little as you've mentioned, and it does indeed help making the illusion that the buildings and trees disappear at a distance just like they would in real life as the angle between your eyes and the buildings height decreases. 

However, in order to use zoom-levels correctly in order to feel comfortable flying the sim, I will need some sort of camera changing software. I have heard OpusFSI and EZDOK could serve this purpose. Anybody has any experience with these?

I had no blurries at all in 2.4 and in 2.5 it looks like fsx - huge reason why I was so glad I dumped it so something is going on - me thinks they have added more fps at a cost the distant terrain textures they are not good as they once were - and the fps are much better than they were in 2.4 - also that said wonder if this folder structure has made a mess of it

However, in order to use zoom-levels correctly in order to feel comfortable flying the sim, I will need some sort of camera changing software. I have heard OpusFSI and EZDOK could serve this purpose. Anybody has any experience with these?

I have opusfsi - great program - ezdok great program but they have nothing to do with distant blurries - they will not help you there but a must to have

Rich Sennett

I have experimented with zoom levels a little as you've mentioned

What version video driver are you using - I told you to download the latest but it is not official for our cards - it seems that 347.88 is the driver we should be using as I am downloading the latest fully patched P3D right now it will be a while before I can revert back to 347.88 - might want to try that - I will when my download is finished but looking like I will do another clean install of P3D  and check it as I go along the only thing I have loaded that would cause this problem is ftx global and the libraries - I did not pay attention to a virgin P3D install for this problem

Rich Sennett

I have NVIDIA driver 347.88 currently. That is the one I installed when I followed your instructions

Yah saw that after I posted - I meant to say this driver - sorry 337.88 - keep you posted on what I find out even if I do a new install to get to the bottom of it

I have NVIDIA driver 347.88 currently. That is the one I installed when I followed your instructions

This is for windows 7 64 bit version of 337.88 if you want to try it - I will be

http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/geforce-337-88-beta-driver-download,2.html

Rich Sennett

Jose try this it has helped - I tried the older driver but back to 347.88 seems better - turn on vsync and you can try triple buffering I didnt notice much of a difference - 2048 texture res - lowers res mesh to 38m - crank all the way tesselation - level of detail - max - mesh resolution - max - fxaa - off -msaa 8x - antistropic 16x

As for AA on spot plane view I need to figure something out there - this new version has me tweaking which I have never had to do before

Rich Sennett

Fly out of KPYM and bank hard left - and see what you come up with - also thinking that default airport is not the best area when it comes to textures - aircraft AA has issues more to figure out

28we5b4.jpg

Rich Sennett

That looks much better, I will give this a try once I finish some work

Welcome but Aircraft AA is not good - something really messed up in 2.5 and due to the folder structure change cant go back due to developers addons will be made to work with this new structure - oh well maybe they can fix it

Rich Sennett

Yesterday I did all sort of stress and benchmarking tests for GPU and CPU with very good result.

(Cinebench, Furmark, MSI Kombustor and more)

Flew XP, DCS and COD with close to 100% GPU load and at least one core on 100%, with very good result.

And then the usual "P3D Testrun". Monitoring and tweaking with the very excellent tool Process Lasso.

(make sure you know what you are doing if you use it)

About 10 runs with different setting but with very similar result:

Take off from default runway at ESSA in F14. Flying a few times over the airport and watching the construction and deconstruction of Arlanda... it takes about 5 to 10 sec for it to rebuild every time I look that way.

Then south towards Stockholm 400 kt, 3000 feet... time for a sip of coffee... 4 freezes at 3 sec each every time, just south from Arlanda.

Right in front of "the Globe" in Stockholm City I pause the sim... for a longer coffee break... Takes about 10 sec for the autogen to catch up with me from behind and more than 30 sec before the are all loaded around me and the blurries gone.

Where is the bottleneck?

I can´t come to any other conclusion than: Running Prepar3d is fine at high altitude in big airliners or turning of Track IR and the 4k monitor, stay away from big cities and big airport and open cockpit aircrafts and not flying faster than a Cessna.

Got one sim, working very fine, but no addons or aircrafts to buy for it (XP)

And loads and loads of stuff that I would have bought if the sim only could run it (P3D)

Very sad, very depressing! :(

I really really hope they fix it, LM! (the way it looks sometimes... absolutely breathtaking :o)

But I don't think that there is anything we as end users can do... I'm sure I would have stumbled on it by now... if that was the case. Winter has been long in Sweden <_< and I've reinstalled win, reinstalled different versions of P3D and Nvidia drivers and all those different settings and tweaks to .cfg files over and over again.

Well well... back to the sandboxes! (DCS, COD) B)

Haze.

Sweden.

Hotas Warthog. MFG Crosswind. MSFS. DCS. IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles.