Sign in to follow this  

Vernon,

everytime i run the "run app wizzard" i have to set "ignore rc4reg=0" to 1!!!

Trying to change fl in rc4 is not going to work. (have tried that too.)

RC4 is reading the created flight plan saved in your documents folder.

So MCE is reading that indirectly as well.

So best thing to do is delete flightplan and create a new one. (with correct fl)

For the commands

Maybe try  a simple "request push and start" or "request taxi";-)

John Cramer

Is there a way to turn off the womans voice recognition because when i speak to FS2crew and say set speed 220 or something she responds and increases mt fsx simulation rate and everything speeds up to like x16 or something lol

I have tried everything to get passed push and start and also taxi clearance

Vernon Howells

Request Taxi Clearance:

good ( ), Ryanair 27 with you at the ramp ready for taxi clearance.

You may have a point here. It's possible that particular variation wasn't included in the speech grammar. Will update it and send you a couple of new files.

There are alternatives...

Ground Ryanair 27 is now ready for taxi

Ground Ryanair 27 ready for taxi

Ground Ryanair 27 requesting taxi

Ground Ryanair 27 request taxi to the active

Ground Ryanair 27 standing by for taxi

....many other variations.

Is there a way to turn off the womans voice recognition because when i speak to FS2crew and say set speed 220 or something she responds and increases mt fsx simulation rate and everything speeds up to like x16 or something lol

I have tried everything to get passed push and start and also taxi clearance

Yes, once you have RC4 up and running, feel free to disable all features except the <Talk to ATC>.

As Starter mentioned, MCE reads the flight plan directly from the file, and can't see the manual changes you make in RC4 UI. Ultimately, flight level doesn't matter. It's the waypoint list, departure and arrival airport that MCE needs so it can feed them to speech engine for easier recognition.

You may have a point here. It's possible that particular variation wasn't included in the speech grammar. Will update it and send you a couple of new files.

There are alternatives...

Ground Ryanair 27 is now ready for taxi
Ground Ryanair 27 ready for taxi
Ground Ryanair 27 requesting taxi
Ground Ryanair 27 request taxi to the active
Ground Ryanair 27 standing by for taxi
....many other variations.

Thanks will send the files on this? i still can't get passed the push and start part?

Yes, once you have RC4 up and running, feel free to disable all features except the .

As Starter mentioned, MCE reads the flight plan directly from the file, and can't see the manual changes you make in RC4 UI. Ultimately, flight level doesn't matter. It's the waypoint list, departure and arrival airport that MCE needs so it can feed them to speech engine for easier recognition.

I have disabled everything and it still hears my voice when i speak to fs2crew?

The taxi clearance is still not working. its goes into the option then goes back?

Are these correct when on approach.

Acknowledge for ILS 
Cleared ILS approach
Ryanair 27

Acknowledge Landing Clearance
roger
cleared to land
<Speak_Runway>
Ryanair 27

For the Acknowledge for ILS, when giving permission to establish on the ILS, is that correct for what i'm going to say when i get to that part?

Vernon Howells

I have disabled everything and it still hears my voice when i speak to fs2crew?

There are only a handful of commands that are always ON, and they aren't related to co-pilot duties.

That simulation speed increase you experienced earlier is tied to the "Simulator voice control" feature.

Some people need it so they can do without keyboard, others disable it. We don't want you to think the copilot is doing that.

If MCE is picking up commands for FO to execute things, it's more than likely an issue with PTT coordination between the 2 apps.

Among other things, MCE listens to the <END> keyboard key.When that particular key is detected down, all MCE recognition (including always ON commands) will be suspended. You may want to take advantage of that.

Affirm, commands for ack ILS and landing are correct.

Is your call-sign recognized easily by the speech engine, or is it coming up with some other?

That simulation speed increase you experienced earlier is tied to the "Simulator voice control" feature.

Think i sorted it and turned that feature off - SIM USER INTERFACE VOICE CONTROL

Is your call-sign recognized easily by the speech engine, or is it coming up with some other?

Sometimes it comes up different to ryanair 27 like heavy air india etc

still can't get passed push and start

Vernon Howells

Think i sorted it and turned that feature off - SIM USER INTERFACE VOICE CONTROL

Sometimes it comes up different to ryanair 27 like heavy air india etc

still can't get passed push and start

It is precisely for the "push and start" bit that I sent you the replacement file.

Use the supplied speech trainer to teach the speech engine how you pronounce Ryanair 27

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Speech training.

Select "Custom Training"

Click <Edit> button

Type "Ryanair twenty seven" (without the quotes) and save the file.

Click <start> and train speech engine on that particular call-sign.

It is precisely for the "push and start" bit that I sent you the replacement file.

I placed that in the folder and it still holds at the push and start part?

I got the taxi clearance but when i reset it again to try for a 2nd attempt, it still wouldn't work so i tried a 3rd reset and still the same :( everything else is fine

Vernon Howells

I placed that in the folder and it still holds at the push and start part?

I got the taxi clearance but when i reset it again to try for a 2nd attempt, it still wouldn't work so i tried a 3rd reset and still the same :( everything else is fine

Ah OK,

Maybe that particular request needs further attention.

Will double-check and get back to you.

Yeh its only the request pushback and taxi clearance i'm stuck at. It seems like its doing something but then returns back to the options

Also RC4 nagging is so annoying after dept it hardly gives you time like 3 seconds and it starts to nag you. Anyway around this lol

Vernon Howells

Also RC4 nagging is so annoying after dept it hardly gives you time like 3 seconds and it starts to nag you. Anyway around this lol

Agree. That's why we have commands for our FO such as "switching to departure". Since MCE can dynamically  retrieve the relevant frequency, FO will always know what to dial.

And even with that, the nagging will catch you sometimes. You need a lot of practice before you can dial and squeeze your transmission within the 25-30 second allocated time frame before nagging starts.

Let's just remember Radar Contact was never intended to be voice controlled, hence those short times were deemed suitable for keyboard replies.a long time ago.

It's just a shame the project isn't alive, as minor adjustments could sort out that nagging.

RC4 is so reliable, we decided to provide the bridge for it to work under X-Plane. See this thread

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/458643-multi-crew-experience-coming-to-x-plane/

Agree. That's why we have commands for our FO such as "switching to departure". Since MCE can dynamically  retrieve the relevant frequency, FO will always know what to dial.

But i can't do this as i have fscrew? so i just need to set the comms and the standby comms that i'm expecting to use. 

Do you know where i can get FSX centre freq like london etc so when i'm on route i can expect what freq is coming up. Because what i do with my 737 NGX i enter the FIR change over point, so for example flying from Glasgow to Stansted i enter DCS in the fix page as this is the boundary point for SCOTTISH and LONDON fir (EGPX - EGTT)

And even with that, the nagging will catch you sometimes. You need a lot of practice before you can dial and squeeze your transmission within the 25-30 second allocated time frame before nagging starts.

Let's just remember Radar Contact was never intended to be voice controlled, hence those short times were deemed suitable for keyboard replies.a long time ago.

It's just a shame the project isn't alive, as minor adjustments could sort out that nagging.

RC4 is so reliable, we decided to provide the bridge for it to work under X-Plane. See this thread

I love RC4 and MCE the reason i got MCE is, I'm getting the 737 pedestal from Flight deck solutions and soon i want to start handling all comms by myself. but just having problems with the Push back and taxi clearance? did you say your looking into it?

Thanks for all the support so far.

Vernon Howells

But i can't do this as i have fscrew? so i just need to set the comms and the standby comms that i'm expecting to use. 

Do you know where i can get FSX centre freq like london etc so when i'm on route i can expect what freq is coming up. Because what i do with my 737 NGX i enter the FIR change over point, so for example flying from Glasgow to Stansted i enter DCS in the fix page as this is the boundary point for SCOTTISH and LONDON fir (EGPX - EGTT)

I love RC4 and MCE the reason i got MCE is, I'm getting the 737 pedestal from Flight deck solutions and soon i want to start handling all comms by myself. but just having problems with the Push back and taxi clearance? did you say your looking into it?

Thanks for all the support so far.

You're welcome.

You can count on it to be fixed within a couple of weeks.

is it a common problem or is it just me thats experiencing this?

Thanks alot gerald :)

Vernon Howells

is it a common problem or is it just me thats experiencing this?

Thanks alot gerald :)

It has been reported by a German user last month via e-mail. We sent him a replacement file (the same we sent you) and in the beginning it seemed like the issue was gone. After numerous flights, he noticed, that particular request wasn't 100% reliable. It may work on one flight and not on the next.

We are getting a few hints.

Since MCE relies on RC4 ATC text content, it's possible a misplaced character (like extra space) thrown in occasionally, could play a part.

Just to be sure you have the latest file, please go to \Multi Crew Experience\ installation folder and check "mce.exe" file version.If it's higher than V2.6.3.9 you have the latest