Sign in to follow this  

Also how do i know my FO has comms or no comms when i give the command?

You should hear RC4 typical short handover acknowledgment.

With RC4, when asking FO to handle radio, MCE will send whatever key combination you assigned to that matter. Usually CTRL+SHIFT+K. But it can be anything you like as MCE can read RC4 settings.

One last thing you need to work out, is how to prevent Fs2crew getting your RC4 targeted speech as speech commands.

optimizations definitely not suitable for your particular usage scenario, other options won't have such a significant impact. They are mostly about customizing FO behaviour, User interface display and such.

You have a soft mute for FS2crew so i assigned that to my PTT.

I didn't hear anything but the comms did switch over because it tuned my ATIS etc.

Also do i need to change anything in RC4 options for this to work

Vernon Howells

You have a soft mute for FS2crew so i assigned that to my PTT.

I didn't hear anything but the comms did switch over because it tuned my ATIS etc.

Also do i need to change anything in RC4 options for this to work

You mainly need to set same FO voice in MCE and RC4.

That means, downloading and installing William & Lorna FO voice packs.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

MCE needs that before it allows handling of RC4 ATC by FO. It is disabled with other co-pilots.

I think you should take it one step at a time. There are too many variables to start combining multiple add-ons and not expect hiccups.

I would personally do it this way.

Use MCE only with FSX and don't hand over ATC to FO.

Once PTT and functionality (MCE + RC4 interaction) is understood and working, consider setting RC4 and MCE for FO to handle ATC.

Once it's all working to your satisfaction, disable all MCE features you don't need and check nothing is broken in the process.

Finally, enable the other software and see if they get along together well.

Yeh got william and lorna installed per the instructions.

Do i need Real cockpit crew coordination ticked?

i asked ATC direct to DCS but the FO or MCE goes through the options and nothing happens?

also how do i stope MCE or the FO performing tasks on my 737 ngx ? if i say something like flaps 1 the fo sets flaps one its like the FO can hear me. but i have fs2crew for that, so how do i turn it off?

Ok this is frustrating i'm asking the FO to request a change in FL but he just scrolls the menu and stops

Vernon Howells

Yeh got william and lorna installed per the instructions.

Do i need Real cockpit crew coordination ticked?

i asked ATC direct to DCS but the FO or MCE goes through the options and nothing happens?

also how do i stope MCE or the FO performing tasks on my 737 ngx ? if i say something like flaps 1 the fo sets flaps one its like the FO can hear me. but i have fs2crew for that, so how do i turn it off?

You will have to turn feature "Real crew coordination" OFF once you have it all working.

What ATC request did you make (verbiage)?

Is DCS part of your flight plan?

Is flight plan displayed correctly in UI?

You will have to turn feature "Real crew coordination" OFF once you have it all working.

Ok i just turned it off. what is it for anyway?

What ATC request did you make (verbiage)?

i said 'Centre, Ryanair 27, would like to proceed direct to DCS' yeh it was my next waypoint

Is flight plan displayed correctly in UI?

How do i check sorry

If i want the FO to do comms will i need this on "Real crew coordination

Vernon Howells

Ok i just turned it off. what is it for anyway?

i said 'Centre, Ryanair 27, would like to proceed direct to DCS' yeh it was my next waypoint

How do i check sorry

If i want the FO to do comms will i need this on "Real crew coordination

The "real crew coordination" feature is what gets FO to obey orders such as...

Set flaps one

com one, one eighteen seven

Swicthing to ground

Tune clearance delivery on com one (I just realised now, you won't be able to ask for this and will need to dial manually yourself, unless your other software has this ability)

Switch landing lights on

confirm latest wind

what is the current Qnh

etc...

You mentioned earlier disabling the red text (commands display).

Unlike the Green bar which is a performance hog (FPS killer), the red text font is actually 3D text within the rendered scene. It doesn't overlay a window on top of scenery.

Suggest you keep it ON for now, until you are confident all your commands are understood correcly.

Rule for requesting direct to.

For VOR or NDB, you must spell the phonetic alphabet

'Centre, Ryanair 27, would like to proceed direct to Delta Charlie Sierra' (this is real world ATC)

For waypoints, just speak the waypoint. Example: waypoint <Denbo>, or spell waypoint in Nato alphabet (not sure about this last bit)

'Centre, Ryanair 27, would like to proceed direct to Denbo"

Normally, it would be extremely difficult for the speech engine to recognize those foreign sounding waypoint names, and getting the correct one amid half a million waypoints.

Luckily, we read the flight plan, extract waypoints, and make the speech engine aware of the few it would expect so it can recognize "forli", "xagor" or whatever pretty well.

The reason I am asking to keep the commands display ON, is for you to check ATC got DCS and not DES.

MCE doesn't just send keyboard presses the way VAC does and hoping for the best. It will only select something if there is a match. Otherwise, you'll see it scroling through the various lists to no avail.

Same thing with requesting higher or lower altitude as well as a different runway for takeoff. The numbers or navaid you spell will make or break the process.

You can check flight plan by going to <ATC> tab in MCE UI and checking you have the correct departure and arrival airports.

Once you understand the process, you will see how powerful it is. But you need at least a day dedicated to your new toy, before indulging in combining it with other add-ons.

Suggest you use our speech training tool, and go through the <ATC phraseology> topic.

Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Speech training.

You'll get to spell Nato alphabet and a few airline names, as well as digits.

Gee, I missed my dinner :P

The "real crew coordination" feature is what gets FO to obey orders such as...

Ok i'll keep it off.

You mentioned earlier disabling the red text (commands display).

And turn this back on.

'Centre, Ryanair 27, would like to proceed direct to Delta Charlie Sierra' (this is real world ATC)

For waypoints, just speak the waypoint. Example: waypoint , or spell waypoint in Nato alphabet (not sure about this last bit)

'Centre, Ryanair 27, would like to proceed direct to Denbo"

Ahh got you on the VOR NDB part but i did have a waypoint named LAKEY and same thing it just scrolled through it and stopped?

You can check flight plan by going to tab in MCE UI and checking you have the correct departure and arrival airports.

I restarted everything from scratch and now in ATC everything is showing origin ??? destination ???

Vernon Howells

My flight plan won't load up in the MCE. I've done everything right, start FSX then RC4 and MCE. I keep getting ????

Vernon Howells

also i'm only getting as far as push and start, the FO goes into the option and nothing happens? i know you sent me a mce.exe and i placed that in the folder but it keeps happening.

i'm saying Ground ryanair 27, is ready for push and start

Vernon Howells

also i'm only getting as far as push and start, the FO goes into the option and nothing happens? i know you sent me a mce.exe and i placed that in the folder but it keeps happening.

i'm saying Ground ryanair 27, is ready for push and start

OK thanks.

Regarding flight plan....

Suggest you get into the habit of starting things in this oder

Start FSX

Start RC4, select flight plan and click <Start RC> button.

Start MCE.

Should see flight plan displayed fairly quickly.

it is possible to start in this order

FSX

MCE

RC4

However, it could take up to 10 seconds for MCE to synchronize with RC4. Eventually speak sentence "synchronize with radar contact" and it should do so on request.

I assume you set "fsx.exe" to run as administrator.

Just want to make sure MCE is getting RC4 options as expected.

For the test, you need to proceed as follows.

Enable feature "Real Crew Coordination" in MCE UI

Go to <Command> tab and click <Change> button next to co-pilot voice

You will have to temporarily switch to a TTS voice as recordd voices cannot handle unexpectd text.

Click TTS voices at the top

Select one from the list and click <Apply>

WIth a TTS voice (normally Microsoft Anna) as your FO, ask her

"What is the callsign" or "confirm call sign" Ensure she syas "Ryanair 27"

"what are the ATC options" or "confirm ATC options"

Anna should be able to read the content of the RC4 ATC window aloud. Bearing and distance are ignored intentionally. She should however get the options, notably what frequency to dial, when to acknowledge etc...

Without that vital info, nothing will be selected.

Once test has passed, go to voice selection dialogue again, click <Recorded voices> and revert back to one of pre-recorded voice packs (William or Lorna).

I assume, before transmitting, you checked you had COM1 set to ground frequency.

Could you please post the content of file "rcv3.dat" found inside RC4 installation folder? It holds RC4 settings, notably "callsign", "last used flight plan path", "keyboard assignments" etc...

While you are there, set "rcv4.exe" to run as admin.

Regarding flight plan....

Suggest you get into the habit of starting things in this oder

Start FSX

Start RC4, select flight plan and click button.

Start MCE.

Should see flight plan displayed fairly quickly.

it is possible to start in this order

FSX

MCE

RC4

However, it could take up to 10 seconds for MCE to synchronize with RC4. Eventually speak sentence "synchronize with radar contact" and it should do so on request.

Thats the order i did it. However i tried this morning and it worked fine but only problem is, MCE is showing cruise alt 41000 even though i changed this in RC4 to 35000

I assume you set "fsx.exe" to run as administrator.

Just want to make sure MCE is getting RC4 options as expected.

For the test, you need to proceed as follows.

Enable feature "Real Crew Coordination" in MCE UI

Go to tab and click button next to co-pilot voice

You will have to temporarily switch to a TTS voice as recordd voices cannot handle unexpectd text.

Click TTS voices at the top

Select one from the list and click

WIth a TTS voice (normally Microsoft Anna) as your FO, ask her

Anna should be able to read the content of the RC4 ATC window aloud. Bearing and distance are ignored intentionally. She should however get the options, notably what frequency to dial, when to acknowledge etc...

Without that vital info, nothing will be selected.

Once test has passed, go to voice selection dialogue again, click  and revert back to one of pre-recorded voice packs (William or Lorna).

Yeh FSX is run as admin! I will perform those tests tonight as i'm away.

I assume, before transmitting, you checked you had COM1 set to ground frequency.

I had ground freq 121.70 in nav 1

Could you please post the content of file "rcv3.dat" found inside RC4 installation folder? It holds RC4 settings, notably "callsign", "last used flight plan path", "keyboard assignments" etc...

Do i need to open this with notepad?

Vernon Howells

Do i need to open this with notepad?

Affirmative, it's a text file.

There should be a path to a flight plan in it. Ensure it's the one you last loaded. If not, either "rcv4.exe" isn't set to run as admin and cannot update its own config file, or you have more than one RC4 installation and your desktop shortcut to RC4 is pointing to the other installation.

Some users keep one RC4 version for FS9 and another for FSX, that's why we have that "IgnoreRC4registry" option in config file.

Ok i will send the file contents tonights. And do those tests.

So how come in MCE my flight info was showing an ALT of 410 and in RC i had FL350 set?

Vernon Howells

Ryanair Ltd - Ireland,RYANAIR,27, 1 , 50 , 30 , 10 , 1000 , 10 , 0 , 10 , 0 , 0 , 1 , 0 , 1 , 0 , 0 , 15        , 1950 , 1200 ,, 2 ,C:\Users\Vernon\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\EGPFEGSS01.PLN
 600 , 1800 , 600 
C:\FSX
 0 , 1 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 
 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 1 , 1 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 1 
 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 1 , 1 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 1 

she confirms the frequencys

I can't get passed taxi clearance either 

Request Taxi Clearance:
<Control_Region> good ( ), Ryanair 27 with you at the ramp ready for taxi clearance.

Vernon Howells