Sign in to follow this  

Hi i just got MCE for RC4 and having some trouble after i ask for clearance and then request push and start it goes into the option but nothing happens its like its froze for some reason. twice i have tried to get passed the push and start option

Vernon Howells

Hi i just got MCE for RC4 and having some trouble after i ask for clearance and then request push and start it goes into the option but nothing happens its like its froze for some reason. twice i have tried to get passed the push and start option

We've just been made aware of this happening occasionally by a heavy RC4+MCE user.

Luckily issue adressed very recently.

Download this file. Unzip and replace "mce.exe" in \Multi Crew Experience\ installation folder.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/mce2640.zip

Are you using Airliner or GA aircraft. What callsign?

Thanks alot :) I'm using the 737 NGX and Ryanair 27

if i say the command HIDE ATC nothing happens?

cheers

If i try to change the PTT key nothing is happening it wont accept any switch?

Vernon Howells

Thanks alot :) I'm using the 737 NGX and Ryanair 27

if i say the command HIDE ATC nothing happens?

cheers

If i try to change the PTT key nothing is happening it wont accept any switch?

OK, I see...

Probably because you are using a joystick that has some buttons in the "Always ON" state.

As a result MCE falls for the first button it finds pressed and no change is reflected in UI.

You need this workaround...

Make sure your system is set to show hidden files and folders.

Go to C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Multi Crew Experience\

Look at the [GAMEPAD] section

[GAMEPAD]

JoyManID=CH FLIGHT SIM YOKE USB    (leave whatever entry you have there)

JoyProdID=CH FLIGHT SIM YOKE USB   (leave whatever entry you have there)

JoyButton=1  (change this to any number from 1 to 12, reflecting the actual button number on your joystick)

Also look at [ATC] section. Should look like this

[ATC]

Mode=RC4

PreventNativeATCCancellation=0

UseRadioNoise=1

StaticNoiseLevel=1

SecondaryNeedAtcWindow=0

atc1=1

atc2=0

atc3=1

atc4=1

atc5=0

UseRadarContact=1

IgnoreRC4Registry=0 //(Set this to 1 when RC4 isn't installed on the same machine as MCE)

RC4path=

Save the file.

From then ON, MCE will ignore any other "Always ON" buttons and only focus on assigned PTT.

You will know your PTT assignment is correct when you hear a continuous background noise (like static) while PTT is held down. If not, try another button ID.

Just to make sure you're all setup, because pre-recorded voice packs cannot handle unexpected text, temporarily switch co-pilot voice to TTS "Microsoft Anna".

With Anna as your copilot ask her

"What is the call-sign", she should state "Ryanair 27"

"confirm ATC options" she should be able to read the content of the RC4 ATC Window at any time.

Say "show ATC" and "Hide ATC" and see if MCE can control the RC4 ATC window.

Until the 3 tests above are Go, you won't be able to interact with RC4.

Once up and running, switch back to one of the recorded voices (there are many more you can dowload from our website).

Addendum: With supported PMDG aircraft (777, 737 NGX, 747, MD-11 and J41) you are advised not to start MCE until PMDG aircraft has fully initialized, countdown in Green Bar to zero.

First step i tried to change the assign button to 0 per my saitek yoke in [GAMEPAD] but it doesn't work or change in the UI because the box somehow unticks itself and reverts to the DEL KEY ?

[ATC]
Mode=Native
UseRadioNoise=1
StaticNoiseLevel=1
SecondaryNeedAtcWindow=0
atc1=1
atc2=0
atc3=1
atc4=1
atc5=0
UseRadarContact=0
IgnoreRC4Registry=0 //(Set this to 1 when RC4 isn't installed on the same machine as MCE)
RC4path=
IgnorePFERegistry=0 //(Set this to 1 when PFE isn't installed on the same machine as MCE)
PFEpath=
IgnoreFlightPlan=0
FlightPlansPath=

[GAMEPAD]
JoyManID=Saitek Pro Flight Yoke
JoyProdID=Saitek Pro Flight Yoke
JoyButton=1
UseWithVoxATC=0

[ATC]
Mode=Native
UseRadioNoise=1
StaticNoiseLevel=1
SecondaryNeedAtcWindow=0
atc1=1
atc2=0
atc3=1
atc4=1
atc5=0
UseRadarContact=1
IgnoreRC4Registry=0 //(Set this to 1 when RC4 isn't installed on the same machine as MCE)
RC4path=
IgnorePFERegistry=0 //(Set this to 1 when PFE isn't installed on the same machine as MCE)
PFEpath=
IgnoreFlightPlan=0
FlightPlansPath=

I restored factory settings so just changed the UseRadarContact=1

The PTT is still not working even though its all showing it being assigned to my saitek.

Vernon Howells

The PTT is still not working even though its all showing it being assigned to my saitek.

Suggestions ...

Unplug joystick and re-plug to another USB port.

If using Saitek software (a software that loads on Windows startup), try doing without it.Right-click system tray icon and exit.

Try setting either button number "1" or "2" in mce.ini, assuming it's the first button on the physical joystick. You cannot use button "0" (has to be 1 through 12).

You will eventually be able to use the joystick. Because the Demo is very short, try using the DELETE key to transmit and see if you can get on with Radar Contact.

I'll have to try these solutions tonight.

But what i can remember it did accept IFR clearance but i got far as the push and start request, then it stopped working after that file you sent or maybe its something else, i'm not sure i'll have to try your methods first.

I have no saitek software installed and its all assigned through FSUIPC.

Ohh i did try the DEL key this morning asking for my callsign but got no response!

Vernon Howells

Ohh i did try the DEL key this morning asking for my callsign but got no response!

Requesting call-sign isn't part of the ATC feature. It's just a helpful feature that gets FO to remind you when you have a memory lapse..

For the tests about call-sign and ATC options, just speak the commands.

Similarly using cheat commands such as "option one", "option two" must be done without PTT

Only need to hold PTT (DELETE key or assigned joystick button) down when transmitting actual valid ATC messages.

Like "Delievery Ryanair 27 is ready to copy ATC to XXXX"

"Ground Ryanair 27 requesting taxi"

etc...

But i couldn't hear that static noise when holding down the PTT or DEL key?

So how come if i ask my FO for my callsign he doesn't reply?

Cheers.

Vernon Howells

my trial has ran out 

Ok i turned the static up and now i can hear it but can't get clearance with the FO

Vernon Howells

my trial has ran out 

Ok i turned the static up and now i can hear it but can't get clearance with the FO

Once the Demo has expired, you can't use the most important features like ATC. can only say things like "move seat back quickly", "zoom in", "zoom out", "display ATC", "Hide ATC", basically to check that speech reognition is working.

Assuming you see MCE switched to RC4 (<ATC> tab in UI should state "using Radar Contact ATC"), MCE would typically use the path to RC4 installation you provided, to read info in "rcv3.dat", things like call sign, flight plan used etc....

The assumption is that Ryanair twenty seven is displayed in that same tab.

It could also be due to the FO voice pack missing a particular airline name. But that shouldn't prevent you talking to ATC using whatever call sign you want, assuming RC4 has it too.

Sorry, things didn't go smoothly for you.

If you have the Aerosoft Airbus X A320/A321 both old or new, be aware Aerosoft has licensed MCE for those variants.

There is a separate package you can dowload from the link at the top of this page

http://forum.aerosof...1440-mce-update

Aerosoft package doesn't require activation, as they already paid for it

It has all the features available in Ultimate Edition, except that it will only run with A320/A321 from Aerosoft.

The Ultimate Edition works with 32+ complex aircraft so far (those we interfaced specifically), and some other aircraft that comply with FSX SDK guidelines (too many to list).

Among supported aircraft in Ultimate Edition

PMDG 777, 747, 737 NGX, MD-11, J41,

Captain Sim 777, 767, 757, 727, 707 (with simulated flight engineer)

Aerosoft A318,319, 320, 321, DH-6 Twin Otter

Quality Wings 757, BAe146

Feelthere ERJ 135, 145, Legacy, EMB 175, EMB 195

iFly 737 NG, 747

CoolSky DC-9, MD-80

Wilco Airbus Evolution Vol 1

Majestic Q400

Milviz 737

Level-D 767

Leonardo Maddog Md-82

Simcheck A300-B4 (with simulated flight engineer)

Just flight: PSS 777, Bae146

Razbam Metroliner

The Aerosoft package isn't yet aware of FSX:Steam Edition, as well as P3D V2.5. It is expected to be updated next month. For now, you would need a manual workaround, or contact support.

I only use the NGX. Thanks for the help but before i purchase this software i'm trying to get it to respond with those commands like HIDE ATC etc?

Vernon Howells