Sign in to follow this  

It has been reported by a German user last month via e-mail. We sent him a replacement file (the same we sent you) and in the beginning it seemed like the issue was gone. After numerous flights, he noticed, that particular request wasn't 100% reliable. It may work on one flight and not on the next.

We are getting a few hints.

Since MCE relies on RC4 ATC text content, it's possible a misplaced character (like extra space) thrown in occasionally, could play a part.

Just to be sure you have the latest file, please go to \Multi Crew Experience\ installation folder and check "mce.exe" file version.If it's higher than V2.6.3.9 you have the latest

I have 2.6.40 installed 

Thats what was happening with me, it would work on one flight but now its totally goosed lol cheers i'll hold off.

Vernon Howells

Thats what was happening with me, it would work on one flight but now its totally goosed lol cheers i'll hold off.

Please un-install previous MCE version via WIndows Control Panel, add remove features.

Do not manually remove <Multi Crew Experience> instllation folder, as both key and installed extra voice packs remain there to save you re-downloading them.

Download the latest package released today (V2.6.4.2).

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Unzip and run "InstallMCE".

Should get a better experience with RC4.

How come i'm still hearing the FO when i have comms i've set voice in RC4 to my voice for the pilot

Still can't get passed push and start but taxi clearance is fine

How do i stop the pilot speaking when i request something? also i can't get passed req another runway.

Vernon Howells

How come i'm still hearing the FO when i have comms i've set voice in RC4 to my voice for the pilot

Still can't get passed push and start but taxi clearance is fine

How do i stop the pilot speaking when i request something? also i can't get passed req another runway.

To stop Pilot speaking (doubling up your transmission), the assumption is that you have selected "My voice" in RC4 settings, with audio files peviously replaced with silent (and very small) ones.

Which FO?

Definitely working fine now, and also quicker shuffling of the RC4 ATC menu

What voice command are you using to request a different runway. And what airport were you at?

Ok assigned the correct voices and restarted RC4 and no more voices.

Sometimes it picks my voice up and sometimes it doesn't? And the red text shows different to what i'm saying?

Reg different runway -

Ground, Ryanair 27 request runway three three for departure. I got it working but only if i speak kinda higher than a normal voice.

Also struggling on the push back part still doesn't work.

My command for it is, ground Ryanair 27 request push and start

Vernon Howells

Ok assigned the correct voices and restarted RC4 and no more voices.

Sometimes it picks my voice up and sometimes it doesn't? And the red text shows different to what i'm saying?

Reg different runway -

Ground, Ryanair 27 request runway three three for departure. I got it working but only if i speak kinda higher than a normal voice.

Also struggling on the push back part still doesn't work.

My command for it is, ground Ryanair 27 request push and start

Voice commands are correct and should work.

Not sure what key combination you have assigned in RC4 to return to Main screen.

During testing, we found somehow, when (0)zero (with or without CTRL+ SHIFT), sometimes the key down doesn't register.

You are free to set any key combinations for any item (provided they don't conflict with something else in the sim). MCE will read the key assignments at runtime. Just recommend you don't set 0 (zero) as part of key combo that returns RC4 ATC window to main screen.

As mentioned before, requests for different runway, different altitude or waypoint are dependent on accurate recognition of the new altitude, runway or waypoint.

For instance if it gets 33L instead of 33 and the first one doesn't exist at that airport, nothing will be selected.

I know you have selected a specific Affinity mask and I respect that.

Just don't forget, that affinity mask might be ideal for running FSX alone.

In your case you have 2 instances of the speech engine running, one in "mce.exe" and another one in "fsx.exe (Fs2crew). Add to that Radar Contact and whatever other add-ons you're running.

From time to time, it pays to question the particular affinity mask you're using. It might have been OK under previous usage scenario.

Suggest you temporarily remove it and see if it makes a difference.

By the way, is your processor dual core or higher?

Yeh Quad Core i7 - 4770k

Ok i'll disable it and try the commands again!

Vernon Howells

Why would affinity mask mess up my voice recognition? When other commands work?

Vernon Howells

Why would affinity mask mess up my voice recognition? When other commands work?

I wouldn't put it like that.

Just want to make sure all the software is working in harmony, and temporarily letting Windows manage all cores is worth experimenting with. Eventually, revert to using your affinity mask later. Your CPU is good enough to handle many add-ons as long as none of them is fixating on a specific core.

If commands for interacting with FO are working and those for ATC are patchy, you have to keep in mind, ATC commands are only enabled between the moment PTT is down, and when it's released. Do not start transmitting until you hear the continous tone, and don't release PTT too early (that could disable the ATC speech context before reco has taken place..

I talk after the PTT has been pressed and you can heat the static noise and also i fin my phrase before releasing it.

I still can't get push and start to work or the req runway? Everything else seems to be ok for now :(

Vernon Howells

I talk after the PTT has been pressed and you can heat the static noise and also i fin my phrase before releasing it.

I still can't get push and start to work or the req runway? Everything else seems to be ok for now :(

Please go to MCE installation folder and check you have "mce.exe" V2.6.4.2

Its a real pain in the &amp;@(&#036;*, i think its struggling to pick my voice language up at times. i managed to get push and start but when i tried it a second time it wouldn't accept what i was saying. FS2crew manages to recognise my voice perfectly accept this? 

any suggestions. below is a pic of me requesting push and start..

2015-4-12_11-47-0-101.png

Vernon Howells

i think its struggling to pick my voice language up at times

Thanks for the screenshot.

Have you gone through the ATC phraseology trainer?

Suggest you write the various ATC requests for push and start that come naturally to you.

Will check the grammar and see if all variations are covered.

Also noticed Option "Req Push and start is unusually at option 5. Never saw that before (usually second option). You'd expect at least 4 other options to appear before the fifth would be displayed.

The options numbers shouldn't matter as MCE works out what key needs to be sent to activate that option by parsing the text. I am just wondering if the fsInsider.dll running in the sim isn't picking that last option up.

One way to verify that is to perform the "confirm ATC options" test as suggested previously.

Please confirm exact RC4 version you're running as well as departure airport, so we can see why options jump strait from 1 to 5

Edit:Also, state whether you are starting from a saved flight.

Edited by FS++

I have added Ryanair 27 and request push and start to the trainer?

Ok i'll do those steps tonight and let you know if anna reads option 5 ?

I'm using RC 4 the latest one!

DEPT EGPF

No just saved panel from the CDU

Vernon Howells