Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

Finished

That's it. I'm finished with this thing. I've worked on this for nearly a month now along with all of you and it just doesn't work. This aircraft is ok for VFR but it is unsuitable in its present condition for any IMC operations. The AP is just too loose. It does wild oscillations in heading and altitude trying to engage the localizer and glide slope. Mine doesn't even see the glideslope. It's a beautiful aircraft to look at and hand flies well. Our colleagues have labored tirelessly trying to salvage it but to no avail. I have noticed the traffic has dropped off on this page so it appears that I am not alone.

So long. Back to a different bizjet.

HiHo Silverheels2,

Its still better than the Phenom which will probably never be finished. And I doubt the upcoming Hawker will be nothing more than a repackage of the Phenom and Citation with a new set of mediocrity. 

Curious about your "other bizjet" comment. Where in P3D is there a different bizjet?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

HiHo Silverheels2,

Its still better than the Phenom which will probably never be finished. And I doubt the upcoming Hawker will be nothing more than a repackage of the Phenom and Citation with a new set of mediocrity. 

Curious about your "other bizjet" comment. Where in P3D is there a different bizjet?

The Lionheart LJ24B Learjet comes to mind, and it's on sale right now at Simmarket... http://secure.simmarket.com/lionheart-lj24b-fsxp3dp3dv2.phtml

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I've reached a similar conclusion to the OP.  The "FMC/Navigraph Expansion" left a really bad taste in my mouth.  Not that we had to pay for it (it was very cheap) but the complete lack of realism and professionalism in it.   I mean, permanently displaying ALL waypoints in FSX on the MFD, with no option to reduce of turn them off .......... what's that about?

I'm very 'down' on Carenado and Alabeo at the moment - have uninstalled them all. Just find that whatever you choose to fly, whether a single, twin, turbo-prop or jet, someone else just offers a far better version than Carenado/Alabeo.... eg RealAir, A2A, Ant's Airplanes, F1, etc, etc.

The Hawker was never on my list anyway, but for all future releases, I'll be very cautious before buying again after the Citation II experience.

Other Bizjets - still nothing better than the Flight 1 Cessna 510 Mustang, IMHO.

The Hawker was never on my list anyway, but for all future releases, I'll be very cautious before buying again after the Citation II experience.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of us are having the same regrets more and more often about Carenado/Alabeo products (Alabeo less so for me).

I used to be a day-one purchaser of their products, but then fell back to the - waiting for them to be released with the first patch - at a retailer position, to now waiting for the appropriate sub-forum to fill up with bug lists and disappointment about the latest release.

I hope they get back on track and go back to what they are best at, making cheap, beautiful, simple GA aircraft that are fun and easy to take up and bring back down.

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

It´s pretty sad that there´s still no actual and decent Bizjet around. We could need such thing. 

When the Hawker is released the same folks will be all over it. happens every time.

Quickly followed by a bug list thread, then users will try to fix it up somewhat.

Rinse, Repeat.

I'm very 'down' on Carenado and Alabeo at the moment - have uninstalled them all. Just find that whatever you choose to fly, whether a single, twin, turbo-prop or jet, someone else just offers a far better version than Carenado/Alabeo.... eg RealAir, A2A, Ant's Airplanes, F1, etc, etc.

There are a few of the older Carenado's that continue to be at the top of the line when I pick something to fly: The 337, the F33, and the C185 are still to this day some of my favorite aircraft in the sim.  I couldn't imagine uninstalling those three.

I do agree though; making simple aircraft that adhered to the SDK was really their main strength, I wish they'd return to it.  And with that, Alabeo could return to producing neat, off-the-beaten path aircraft as well.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

The 337, the F33, and the C185 are still to this day some of my favorite aircraft in the sim.

Same here. That "era" of Carenado production was when the values were at their highest IMHO, and it would be great for them to get back to that.

It shows that I will consider an Alabeo purchase much more than a Carenado purchase these days.

13.jpg

For those interested in a bizjet, the ESDG Cessna X is a very, very nice aircraft. Stable as a rock, nice to look at. I installed the NT750 and use it like a tablet en route to find key waypoints and the airport charts.

For those interested in a bizjet, the ESDG Cessna X is a very, very nice aircraft. Stable as a rock, nice to look at. I installed the NT750 and use it like a tablet en route to find key waypoints and the airport charts.

I have the Citation X by Eagle Soft also brought back from my hangar, and I am satisfied. It will fly even in Prepar3D without CTD. For the Hawker, I wait until the first good reviews are done. If the quality like the Citation 2,then I don't waste my time.

Just my 2 cents....

That's it. I'm finished with this thing. I've worked on this for nearly a month now along with all of you and it just doesn't work. This aircraft is ok for VFR but it is unsuitable in its present condition for any IMC operations. The AP is just too loose. It does wild oscillations in heading and altitude trying to engage the localizer and glide slope. Mine doesn't even see the glideslope. It's a beautiful aircraft to look at and hand flies well. Our colleagues have labored tirelessly trying to salvage it but to no avail. I have noticed the traffic has dropped off on this page so it appears that I am not alone.

So long. Back to a different bizjet.

Sure, carenado´s C550 is far from being perfect, their price policy and customer support is not worth for a comment.

However, THANKS to people here like Bert Pieke, JaknekBln, Craig and probably others, the plane is flyable at present.

1. I am using basic pack with carenado´s partch and:

2.http://www.isgsim.com/?page=panel_library⊂=retro_carenado_s550

3. ISG mod v.1.71 thanks to Janek Bln

4. and updated powe scalar, see here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/460510-how-the-s550-went-from-being-a-frustration-to-one-of-my-faves/

5. Finally, lot of interesting info is available also here, EVCHARISTO to Kyprianos Biris!

http://www.oav.gr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1805

To those people and sorry if I missed anybody, should Carenado send written apology with coupon for all their products free forever...

After above mentioned patching that takes up to 1 hour altogether, the plane is decently flyable in IFR conditions as well.

So is is up to you,

happy landings!

To those people and sorry if I missed anybody, should Carenado send written apology with coupon for all their products free forever...

What a bizarre comment.......  of course not.  People are just expressing disappointment. No-one is suggesting silly actions and expectations such as those you've described here.

What a bizarre comment....... of course not. People are just expressing disappointment. No-one is suggesting silly actions and expectations such as those you've described here.

Craig, I think he's meaning that the couple of people from this forum that have 'saved' this plane in the form of community provided fixes, should get something from Carenado for their efforts.  At least that's how I read it.

And indeed, Carenado should be grateful for their collective efforts.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Craig, I think he's meaning that the couple of people from this forum that have 'saved' this plane in the form of community provided fixes, should get something from Carenado for their efforts.  At least that's how I read it.

And indeed, Carenado should be grateful for their collective efforts.

Well, I think it´s a shame for Carenado that you buy something from them and still need to rely on the community to get it work decently. That´s my point of view.