Sign in to follow this  
isaactennisrf

Someone help me understand this......

I was recently applying some tweaks with Nvidia inspector, and fsx.cfg (Affinity mask 14, 84, 256) and my game got into this weird crazy thing where it used the CPU to about 90% but yet still only acomplishing 10-15 FPS.(Im not high in VAS either, still hovering around the 2k mark in VAS) Now this is in SunSkyJet's KPHL with scaled back settings, and I'm running a mid range system (i7 3770 @ 3.4GHz, GTX 680mx, 8GB ram, 64bit windows 7) I just don't understand how I'm getting such poor FPS. I'm frustrated because I payed a lot of money for the system that I have and I want to use it to its full potential. NOTE: I understand that FSX is a finicky sim, which randomly does strange things but this doesn't make sense! I would really apreciate how/why I am getting such poor frames. 

Addons:

ASN

PMDG aircraft

UT2

REX

Various free/payware scenery packs

SEE ATTACHED IMAGE VIA GOOGLE DRIVE:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwiVKqR5hsqkMjNKYmxlZ1pzT3c/view?usp=sharing

Zak Schneider

Given those add-ons with a 3.4Ghz CPU 15 FPS sounds about right. What happens in the default 172 with default scenery?

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

NOTE: I understand that FSX is a finicky sim, which randomly does strange things

It is mostly the users and their addons that do strange things, FSX run at settings appropriate to the hardware used is actually very stable all things considered.

Delete your NI profile and FSX.cfg and start again but be aware that you must be conservative on that system, If I were to guess, your laptops CPU throttled back due to heat build up.

Sometimes a second [DISPLAY.Device.xxx] section is created in fsx.cfg, although only one monitor is used. This cuts fps in half. Deleting the old fsx.cfg and letting FSX create a new one cures this.

Sometimes a second [DISPLAY.Device.xxx] section is created in fsx.cfg, although only one monitor is used. This cuts fps in half. Deleting the old fsx.cfg and letting FSX create a new one cures this.

The second entry is for DX10. It has no effect on the frame rate.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Or if the graphics card has a second output, even unused, will create a second entry.

It is mostly the users and their addons that do strange things, FSX run at settings appropriate to the hardware used is actually very stable all things considered.

Delete your NI profile and FSX.cfg and start again but be aware that you must be conservative on that system, If I were to guess, your laptops CPU throttled back due to heat build up.

What tweaks do you think I should be using in my fsx.cfg? I have affitiy mask=14, and usepools 0 tweak and FFTF=0.01 anything else? I also turned my load radius down to the lowest settings. I used to be able to get 20-25 fps in the same position....I dont know what is going on.

Leave the Affinity Mask at 14 and change the FFTF to something around .20. Drop the usepools completely as it won't help much, if at all.

Leave the Affinity Mask at 14 and change the FFTF to something around .20. Drop the usepools completely as it won't help much, if at all.

Okay I will try that