Sign in to follow this  
tkellogg

Aerosoft support sucks

As to my choice of words in the topic I did so because I knew it would initiate a response. 

Well, it worked!

Good luck getting this sorted. I can't offer any more advice.

I am really amazed at the responses to this post. All astrology had to do is verify that I never activated my software with the key that provided.

As far as I am aware, and yes I could be wrong, none of the current Aerosoft products have an online product key check during install, so it's not a case of 'all they have to do'...

Call me cynical, but to me this still very much seems like a "I am the customer, I am king, the problem can't be on my side" type of attitude. The product has probably been purchased and successfully downloaded by more people than just you over that same weekend, so a quick and logical assumption would be that it's a problem down the line from Aerosoft to you. If Aerosoft have fulfilled their responsibility by making the file available to you after purchase, I don't see why they should provide a refund. All they can see is that you downloaded multiple copies and are now trying to get your money back with the product received already.

Once again, the problem is most likely somewhere down the line in your connection or some software conflict on your PC (perhaps an AV package is not playing nice). The fact that a different file (since FSS adds copy protection of their own) downloads fine from a completely different shop and server does not mean anything. I also don't see how you being a multi engine rated pilot adds anything useful to this discussion. I am also a multi engine instrument rated commercial pilot with 1500+ turbine hours, yet I have a completely different opinion. Please don't try to 'pull rank'...

Yeah, it sucks that you can't download it right now, but this seems more like a case where some more troubleshooting would help, than a case where blindly demanding a refund and throwing a tantrum when they say no is in order. Anyway, that's just my two cents.

tkellogg's actions and response seem legit to me; I'm glad he got the product he wanted and was able to sort the dispute with Aerosoft out with his bank. That said what Jimmy RFR stated above is spot on and I can understand why Aerosoft didn't offer a refund. It doesn't mean their customer service sucks it only means that from their perspective they felt a refund wasn't warranted.

I'm not defending or criticising Aerosoft. I simply stated that I have never had a problem downloading any product from their servers.

You mentioned in an earlier post you have spend "thousands" on flight sim. Was this your first purchase from Aerosoft - one of the big boys of FS software? If it wasn't did you have a problem with any earlier downloads?

Ray your a stand up guy, I've enjoyed many of your posts especially your Concord flight over the pole but even if the OP has spent thousands it's not surprising to me he's not purchased direct from Aerosoft. before.  I'm certain I've purchased many thousands of dollars on FS products and I really don't think I've ever bought direct from Aerosoft.  I tent to keep my purchases in one place for ease when it comes to re-installation although my Aerosoft purchases might make up one page worth of my order history at Simmarket :lol:

And with all due respect, I doubt you would have been greeted with so much skepticism had your thread title not been so inflammatory.

+1

RE Thomason Jr.

Propane my reason for stating my background including my flight experience was not meant to pull rank but rather a response to the condescending response from those who have "been around the forum a long time." As if I was some kind of new kid on the block. I have been affiliated with aviation as a vocation as well as a hobby for over forty years. Not pulling rank, just trying to point out this ain't my first time at the rodeo.

Did someone from Aerosoft offer any advice on how how to get the download working, such as looking at your firewalls, or whatever other factors may have been preventing it?

The point has been made.  Is it time to lock this thread before it turns into a b!tchfest?

No I never got any response from aerosoft as to how to try and resolve this. They could have offered to allow a credit towards the cd in order to solve the problem and I would have paid the difference. I only asked for a refund when they wouldn't offer any support in trying to resolve my problem.

Not sure I'm following that line of logic, Gerry. If he was unable to download the software successfully, then technically the transaction is not complete.

The transaction was complete when the download the developer released the download. There is no way that the developer can be expected to take responsibility for the customer's hardware and software.

This is going no where by south. The OP is not going to get a resolution of his problem by posting here. Locked.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10