Sign in to follow this  
leesanghun

737ngx P8 Poseidon paint kit?

Thanks Pmdg for P8 Poseidon.

I wanna repant P8

but I guess that I'v not seen  P8's paint kit on PMDG Homepage?

or is there any compatible one?

If isn't do you have any plan to release P8's paint kit?

Sincerely.

Sanghun Lee

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

The P8 is not a separate variant, it is just a 'painted' PMDG B738.  The Navy planes are different but the differences were not modeled except for the livery.

Dan Downs KCRP

People please sign your name, I'm tired of when I read a post someone has to tell someone post their name. If you have problem with it then don't post in here. I don't like posting my name like that due to people can research you on the web, that why I never post frequently. That's their rules please abide them. Geez .

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

The P8 is not a separate variant, it is just a 'painted' PMDG B738.  The Navy planes are different but the differences were not modeled except for the livery.

Actually, it is a different model from the -800. Look at the pictures of it on the product page on the PMDG site- differences can be seen in the wings, the aft fuselage, and with the number of windows/aerials. 

People please sign your name, I'm tired of when I read a post someone has to tell someone post their name. If you have problem with it then don't post in here. I don't like posting my name like that due to people can research you on the web, that why I never post frequently. That's their rules please abide them. Geez .

In all fairness, its pretty easy to miss that you need to post your full name. True, it is in a topic marked 'Forum Rules', but as it seems to be an issue perhaps some sort of header that very clearly and visibly states "PLEASE WRITE YOUR FULL NAME IN YOUR POST" would be helpful. And, technically, you are breaking this rule as well, unless your full first name is O. (I truly don't care, I'm just saying) .

"PLEASE WRITE YOUR FULL NAME IN YOUR POST"

Because it's on the first page, and not a product page, I can see why it gets overlooked.  No problem from me, a polite request is all you needed.

Also, I see what you mean by exterior model... sorry, I was thinking performance model. Weights and performance is same as vanilla aircraft but the exterior is obviously different and you need that for the paint kit.  Submit your request on a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support and maybe they will put it in the to do list for NGXv2.

Dan Downs KCRP

Because it's on the first page, and not a product page, I can see why it gets overlooked.  No problem from me, a polite request is all you needed.

Just to be clear, the all-caps wasn't meant to be read as me yelling, just an example of what PMDG could put on each of the product pages, all caps and maybe highlighted and underlined so that it can't be missed.

Firstly. I'm sorry that English is not a my mother langue.

Unfortunately. I'v been misunderstood for write fullname.

I was thinking that is ok once checked in my profile.

I couldn't see  signature field that was my mistake.

at now I understand that I have to write in my signature field.

is it ok? my full is written at bottom of post.

Sincerely.

leesanghun

Sanghun Lee

yes. I want a paint kit of P8 for my own exterior view. Thanks you for your advice.

Sanghun Lee

yes. I want a paint kit of P8 for my own exterior view. Thanks you for your advice.

On the PMDG page, they have paint kits available. Unfortunately, it does not seem like they  have the P-8 one there. If I were you, I would contact them and ask about it (if a team member does not respond to this thread, that is). https://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/paintkits.html

Also, PMDG asks that you put your full name in your signature, the one that you used to buy products from their store (a common nickname, like 'Matt' instead of 'Matthew' would be acceptable). For example, my real name is Hamoody Nofal, and I need to sign my name as 'Hamoody Nofal' when posting in the PMDG forums, even if my avsim user name was "KrazyBoeing777" or something. For you, leesanghun is not enough, it has to be your full real name. 

Just want to let you know before somebody important yells at you for it  :wink:

It has oft been stated here, one of the main reasons that PMDG require, in THEIR forum, that full names be signed with each post, is so that they can ensure that they ONLY offer support for somebody who has legally bought their products. Otherwise they'd have pirates coming here for support. Their request stands to reason as none of us would like somebody who has not legally acquired a PMDG product coming here for freebie support.

Hence, I fully endorse Maj Dan Downs and Kyle, repeatedly and politely asking posters in any PMDG Forum, to comply with the rules.

It has nothing to do with identity tracking, identity theft, etc, etc.

IMHO I think PMDG did a good job on the Poseidon they released in in the P3D version and the FSX update.

I was hoping for the release of a P-8A paint kit also. But it didn't happen.

I took the 737-800 paint kit and using the textures that PMDG released with their version made a P-8A paint kit. Is it perfect? No.

I did 5 different VP squadrons and released the textures for them in the beginning of April for anyone to download. The paint kit is just beyond huge and I have no way to upload it or I would.

I never could get the PMDG Operations Center to work so I uploaded the textures to be installed the the traditional way.

Russ Smith

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

On the PMDG page, they have paint kits available. Unfortunately, it does not seem like they  have the P-8 one there. If I were you, I would contact them and ask about it (if a team member does not respond to this thread, that is). https://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/paintkits.html

Also, PMDG asks that you put your full name in your signature, the one that you used to buy products from their store (a common nickname, like 'Matt' instead of 'Matthew' would be acceptable). For example, my real name is Hamoody Nofal, and I need to sign my name as 'Hamoody Nofal' when posting in the PMDG forums, even if my avsim user name was "KrazyBoeing777" or something. For you, leesanghun is not enough, it has to be your full real name. 

Just want to let you know before somebody important yells at you for it  :wink:

Thank you for your advice. I was confused about last name and first name and Avism's profile name.  

This is based on diffrent culture calling and write name between my country and English region.

I was checked my full name on PMDG Site. That is written sanghun lee. I think now full naem is right.

I will contack PMDG and ask about paint kit.

Again Thanks Hamoddy Have a good day!

Sincerely

Sanghun Lee