Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

Flying after a cold

I know its a bad idea to fly ga as pic with a cold because you can get sinus block or other nasty things that could be dangerous distractions.  But how long do you generally wait after having a cold before flying?    

I just keep a box of tissues next to my laptop, to clean the screens after I sneeze!

As long as I'm warm & in my gown, with slippers, I'm good to go!

Of course, hot choc helps.

I just keep a box of tissues next to my laptop, to clean the screens after I sneeze!

As long as I'm warm & in my gown, with slippers, I'm good to go!

Of course, hot choc helps.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is what I am experiencing right now in real world flying. Cancelled seven flights for May because of that and it is pretty easy for me. I feel how the nose and the sinus are, normal free or still pain or running nose. I don't use antibiotics but similar things without side effects, what probably takes a bit longer to really work. As soon as I can equalize pressure in the ear again without anything feeling strange, I get an x-ray to check out the sinus area and then I start again planning lower altitudes first.

Damage to the ear or disorientation during flight is a complete no go for me, but I continue on the sim of course :)

Great question!

Manfred