Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

SLI is coming to P3Dv2 in a couple of weeks :)

.i also just used the stock profile for P3D in inspector rather than my highly tweaked one.

And indeed you should.  There is a setting in each 3D app's profile that is used to optimize SLI in DX10 and DX11 apps. The P3d profiles prior to the present driver release did not have this setting enabled. Some P3d tweakers experimented with settings from other 3D apps, but only nVidia really knows how to set the bits correctly in this number. The setting is called SLI compatibility bits (DX1x) and the value in the new P3d profile is:

0x080040F5 (Daylight, Evolve, Monster Hunter Online Benchmark, Squadron 42 - Star Citizen, Ryse: Son of Rome, Lichdom: Battlemage, Prepar3D, Far Cry 4)

There are whole message boards that discuss nothing but what each bit means in that number and how tweaking the number impacts various 3D apps.  

You can certainly go ahead and modify the various AA and other settings in the default profile, but if you are running SLI, leave that one setting intact. Then there all those "Undefined settings". I haven"t really looked to see if any of those have changed, since I never wrote down what the previous values were prior to the 352.86 driver.

How did you get the SLI indicator to work in P3D ......

I have it ticked under 3D settings but nothing there ....

I am spanning over three screens though ... maybe that is why it doesn't work for me??

Paul

Quite likely Paul as that was my problem as well. Solved it by setting maximise 3d performance with one monitor in the nvidia control panel.

Jason Jackett

I've posted my SLI vs. non-SLI test results with these new drivers here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/468975-p3d-v25-sli-test-results-up-33/#entry3242060

I'm seeing 33% increase in SLI mode.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob

Sounds like at steel to me ,

Could you do a test in EKCH at gate A20 with the NGX Cold and Dark with normal autogens TML1024 LOD 4,5? Traffic at 15% ?

(your else conservative settings in this area because of OOM risks)

i am at 45fps right now (none sli)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Could you do a test in EKCH at gate A20 with the NGX Cold and Dark with normal autogens TML1024 LOD 4,5? Traffic at 15% ?

(your else conservative settings in this area because of OOM risks)

Assume you mean FT EKCH?  I'm solved my OOM issue their by removing one BGL (see my other thread).  But will test your scenario.  45 FPS in VC?

Cheers, Rob

EDIT: Micheal, you'll need to provide more details on setting, the ones provided are too wide in scope as other settings could have significant impact on FPS

Assume you mean FT EKCH?  I'm solved my OOM issue their by removing one BGL (see my other thread).  But will test your scenario.  45 FPS in VC?

Cheers, Rob

EDIT: Micheal, you'll need to provide more details on setting, the ones provided are too wide in scope as other settings could have significant impact on FPS

Hi Rob,

wish you well btw ,

Yes VC NGX at EKCH (btw i have som flickering comming and going at Gate A19 interiour )

settings are

[GRAPHICS]
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024
NUM_LIGHTS=4
MIPMAP_VC_PANELS=1
TESSELLATION=1
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
LENSFLARE=1
HDR=1
BLOOM_LEVEL=2
SHADOW_QUALITY=3
TERRAIN_SHADOW_CAST_DISTANCE=0
CLOUD_SHADOW_CAST_DISTANCE=3
OBJECT_SHADOW_CAST_DISTANCE=1
CONTENT_NO_SHADOW=0
INTERIOR_SHADOWS_CAST=1
EXTERIOR_SHADOWS_CAST=1
SIMOBJECT_SHADOWS_CAST=0
TERRAIN_SHADOWS_CAST=0
VEGETATION_SHADOWS_CAST=0
BUILDING_SHADOWS_CAST=0
CLOUD_SHADOWS_CAST=1
INTERIOR_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=1
EXTERIOR_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=1
SIMOBJECT_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=0
TERRAIN_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=1
VEGETATION_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=0
BUILDING_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=0
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_LOW=4
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_MID=5
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_HIGH=7
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_ULTRA=12
GROUND_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=2048
CLOUD_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=512
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_LOW=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_MID=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_HIGH=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_ULTRA=0.850000
EFFECTS_QUALITY=2
EFFECTS_DISTANCE=2
[DISPLAY]
SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=61
TEXTURE_FILTERING=16
MSAA=4
SSAA=0
FXAA=0
VSYNC=1
TRIPLE_BUFFER=1
WideViewAspect=1
FullScreenExclusive=1
FullScreenAutoFill=1
[PANELS]
PANEL_OPACITY=0
[sCENERY]
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=2
[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=4.500000
TESSELLATION_FACTOR=75
MESH_RESOLUTION=23
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=27
AUTOGEN_VEGETATION_DENSITY=2
AUTOGEN_BUILDING_DENSITY=2
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
WATER_REFLECT_CLOUDS=0
WATER_REFLECT_USERAIRCRAFT=1
WATER_REFLECT_SIMOBJECTS=0
WATER_REFLECT_TERRAIN=0
WATER_REFLECT_AUTOGEN_VEGETATION=0
WATER_REFLECT_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS=0
WATER_REFRACT_CLOUDS=0
WATER_REFRACT_USERAIRCRAFT=0
WATER_REFRACT_SIMOBJECTS=0
WATER_REFRACT_TERRAIN=0
WATER_REFRACT_AUTOGEN_VEGETATION=0
WATER_REFRACT_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS=0
ENABLE_BATHYMETRY=0
WATER_CLARITY=30
WATER_DETAIL=2
[WEATHER]
CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=5
DETAILED_CLOUDS=1
OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS=0
CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=6
THERMAL_VISUALS=0
DownloadWindsAloft=0
DisableTurbulence=0
DynamicWeather=0
VolumetricFog=1
[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=15
GADensity=0
FreewayDensity=10
ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0
LeisureBoatsDensity=0
IFROnly=0
AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=0
[AContain]
ShowLabels=0
ShowUserLabel=0
ShowLabelManufacturer=1
ShowLabelModel=1
ShowLabelTailNumber=0
ShowLabelDistance=1
ShowLabelAltitude=1
ShowLabelAirline=0
ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0
ShowLabelFlightPlan=0
ShowLabelContainerId=0
ShowLabelAirspeed=0
ShowLabelHeading=0
LabelDelay=1000
LabelColor=FFFF0000

Mytraffic at 15% (not 20%)

FPS in VC is 44-45 at 12:00 today (no ASN loaded)

Thanks
Michael
(OpenLCEU,UTXEU2 roads, FTXGlobal)

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

I ran a test best guessing other settings, hope it's enough for you:

Should be available in 4K ... I used EVGA tool to show GPU and FPS usage, upper left corner, you'll need higher res to see the values, but they came out 49-63 fps in VC and 59-97 external.

EDIT: be aware my monitor is running at 30Hz no Vsync so you'll see some stutter/jitters.

Cheers, Rob.

I used EVGA tool to show GPU and FPS usage, upper left corner, 

How were you able to accomplish this? I have had to put the Precision X graph on a second monitor to see what the GPU is doing. I have the OSD working on my games with no problem.

How were you able to accomplish this?

Not sure what you mean?  I'm only using a single 4K monitor, no issues just selecting the GPU usage and framerate for OSD.

What I have noticed is that changing Vsync, buffer, and target FPS settings causes SLI to go into some strange slow motion mode (frame rates get erratic).  Almost as if SLI gets "out of sync".  Seems the best option is to NOT show any OSD and finalize one's graphics settings and don't change them, exit P3D, start P3D and fly.

Cheers, Rob.

Should be available in 4K ... I used EVGA tool to show GPU and FPS usage, upper left corner, you'll need higher res to see the values, but they came out 49-63 fps in VC and 59-97 external.

EDIT: be aware my monitor is running at 30Hz no Vsync so you'll see some stutter/jitters.

Cheers, Rob.

I'm sorry Rob, you have probably said it before, but what is/was your starting VAS with these settings? 

I think its really strange that me and Michael Moe here at the forum are left with around 500 MB VAS in this exact same scenario, and with lower settings  :Thinking:

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Cheers, Rob.

Wow amazing, Thanks Rob

Is 4K/30 hz better than 1080P/60HZ in your opinion ?

Why do you have widewiew off ? All LCD´s today is 16:9 is it not ? Looks weird on my Hans G 28" 1920x1200

What time and date was it ?

With your extreme settings (shadows) i am at 1920x1200 at 10:00 UTC with ASN :

Engines running /default PMDG load state 32-40ps  in VC,

Outside 30-50FPS

VAS . Highest 3.730K 360 degress turn (towards the tower about heading 200) switching views alot

With FS2CREW i am at highest VAS 3.828K

Strange thing also. It does not effect my VAS engage/disable UTX2 lights and roads in the scenery list. Maybe if i disable all the roads in UTX2 tool.

(EDIT: without UTX2Roads (disabled also in toolbox) i now see highest VAS is 3.795K

(PS cant get OSD to work with precision X. How do you activate it ?)

i7-4770K@4,6

GTX780SC ACX

6GB DDR 1600MHZ RAM

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Not sure what you mean?  I'm only using a single 4K monitor, no issues just selecting the GPU usage and framerate for OSD.

What I have noticed is that changing Vsync, buffer, and target FPS settings causes SLI to go into some strange slow motion mode (frame rates get erratic).  Almost as if SLI gets "out of sync".  Seems the best option is to NOT show any OSD and finalize one's graphics settings and don't change them, exit P3D, start P3D and fly.

Cheers, Rob.

Thank you. In that case, I won't pursue getting the OSD to display. Have you tried switching between full screen and window mode and back? I find that gets SLI working whenever I access anything in the menu system.

I find that gets SLI working whenever I access anything in the menu system.

That works very well for me as well

Is 4K/30 hz better than 1080P/60HZ in your opinion ?

Yes, that was an easy one.  But FYI, prior to these drivers I have 60Hz as an option and it worked well also, however, that option seems to be gone now with 352.86 drivers ... it might be related to me NOT installing 3D Vision elements of the 352.86 drivers as "3D" requires 60hz minimum.  But 30Hz really depends on the monitor brand/quality ... my Sony operates very well at 30Hz and 60Hz.

Why do you have widewiew off ?

Wideview tends to be harder on AA ... I get better AA and no shimmers with it OFF.

What time and date was it ?

May I think ... at dusk.

PS cant get OSD to work with precision X. How do you activate it ?)

You can see OSD in my video, upper left ... to activate bring up Precision X, click on the big Yellow right arrow until you see "SETTINGS", select "Monitoring", click "Monitoring data settings", select GPU usage from top dropdown, under Show in Monitor click on GPU1 and GPU2, under show in OSD click on GPU1 and GPU2.  For FPS select "Framerate" from the dropdown, under "Show in Monitor" select "Sysetm", under "Show in OSD" select "System".

With my "work around to FT copenhagen" (see http://forum.avsim.net/topic/468824-oom-workaround-for-flytampas-copenhagen/)I have about 1.3 GB free and will drop to 1.0 GB during takeoff/departure then climb back up to about 1.1 GB.

But be warned, SLI is not perfect and various aircraft/airports seem to react differently to it, but I'm having good success with SLI doing this approach:

As work arounds when running SLI:
1. Make sure I never access the menus
2. Do NOT bring up any overlays (FPS counters)
3. Do NOT Alt + tab to desktop or other application
4. Some aircraft and airports seem to be prone to causing “out of sync” situation

Cheers, Rob.

My MSI Z97 Gaming 7 board appears to have three PCIe slots which can run in a 1x16, 2x8 or 8x4x4 configuration, none of which is conducive to increasing FPS performance with SLI.  By running in SLI, I literally halve my normal FPS performance   I am seriously considering buying a new board that can run PCIe in 2x16 channels.  Is it likely that will improve FPS?  I have (now) 2 ZOTAC GTX980's only one of which is operating.  This very frustrating.  

Jeff Callender