Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Hawker SP 1.2 Out

Downloading now - unintstall your older version and run as admin

Rich Sennett

Did they fix the FLC mode?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Per their FB page:

Fixes:
-Autopilot indicators and minor bugs.
-Corrected some lights issues.
-Some indicators were added.
-Fixed small bugs.

Did they fix the FLC mode?

Quick flight doesn't appear they did - I have to use vs to change altitude but noticed a lot of joystick assignments got messed up had to redo them so I will have to check again Ryan - try now

Rich Sennett

It appears FLC does not work but I am no expert at this also last version I got working 6 perfect GS captures but this version no - maybe less forgiving - have to figure it out must be me- designations are different than they were before on PFD - would assume they are correct now so have to get used to that

Rich Sennett

Well you can change them Rich (assuming you mean the nav source).  Make sure the mode that you're using (or intend to use) is in green in the upper left of the PFD)

In this pic I'm using GPS as the nav source (matches the GPS in magenta on the GTN 750) - this was an early mod so disregard the screwed up green text under the word GPS

gtnmod_waas1.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well you can change them Rich (assuming you mean the nav source).  Make sure the mode that you're using (or intend to use) is in green in the upper left of the PFD)

I am using FMS that came with it Ryan - does that matter ?

Rich Sennett

No you can still change the modes by either pressing the PRESET LSK button (tiny rectangular black button to the left of the word PRESET)... or you'll have to scroll between preset sources with the center inner knob on the glareshield.  (the small knob just below the NAV/BRG button - be advised there is an outer knob with blue outline you want the inner one with yellow outline).  Anyway just use your mouse wheel to scroll modes.  You'll see the blue PRESET modes change when you use that inner knob.  Say you're in FMS mode (it will be in green).  you now want to fly an ILS...  But PRESET is in LOC2.  You'll have to use that central inner knob to scroll through the preset modes...  mouse wheel until the blue text says LOC1.  Now press the PRESET LSK button to swap the preset to the active navigation source.  LOC1 should now be in green where FMS was.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Downloaded and installed the SP2, but zero time to try it for the next few days.

Has someone tested the FMS and A/P features without Bert's mod and tell me if and what was actually fixed?

Thx

I'm not seeing any updates... is this not available via one's account pages?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Downloaded and installed the SP2, but zero time to try it for the next few days.

Has someone tested the FMS and A/P features without Bert's mod and tell me if and what was actually fixed?

Thx

Thanks Ryan just did a flight from Sedona to KPHX - worked perfectly - captured GS - just have to keep doing this route until I get used to the changing from FMS mode to LOC 1 mode (when and how) - I did get it there just not sure how but yes Owl it works and very well just not comfy on the exact procedure as it is different than last version

Rich Sennett

It's a full new build, rather than a SP, so it won't be in the 'Updates' but will be available via your Orders page.

Yes its on your account page - just named the same so the only way to tell is to download it again

Another thing I would capture GS around 2,000 ft as I think 3,000 ft is a bit iffy as far as I can tell

Also I have noticed in the flight plan - look thru it - it puts a duplicate of a waypoint and the one that has 0 distance - you want to delete that so the plan can continue 

Load KSEZ to KPHX - ARR runway first one in the list I think it was 07L or something and pick trans of lafay you will see the entry of a zero (double entry) delete it and hit exec - the light does not light up but if you hit it anyway you will see the legs populate

I'll throw up a screenshot - hold on

Rich Sennett

GS intercept altitude totally depends on the chart.  If you're not using a chart (you should be all USA ones are free here: http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/digital_products/dtpp/search/ )

But if for some reason you're not using a chart figure 300 ft per mile from the runway.  So if the final approach fix is 5 miles out you want to be at or below 1500 ft AGL.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

This is what I mean - good info Ryan - thanks

2ldx9q0.jpg

Rich Sennett