Sign in to follow this  
Stratox

External GPU Sound

I have a weird oddity with my 777. There seems to be no sound playing while using the external gpu cart. I have power from the cart, just no sound. Strange that the air start and air conditioning external engine sound plays but not the gpu.

I have not modified anything or removed files. Anyone have a fix or know of this issue? Thanks.

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey

Try clicking with your mouse anywhere on the screen.

Clicked just about everywhere. Not playing.

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey

Verify that the sound options in the FMS are set to your preferred sound drivers, and this should agree with the FSX sound settings.

Dan Downs KCRP

Verify that the sound options in the FMS are set to your preferred sound drivers, and this should agree with the FSX sound settings.

I was thinking that as well, I checked and everything is set properly within FSX and PMDG. Odd how the Air cart plays it's associated sound.

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey

I'm going to bump this thread, because I've got the same issue. There's no sound playing for the external GPU. The air cart and air conditioning sounds play as they should.

I recently did a whole uninstall/delete of FSX and all add ons. The issue is still present on the 777 and the NGX both before and after the reinstall. The 747 QOTS II was installed afterwards, and the gpu sound on that works fine.

Only other add ons installed are REX textures and ASN, with a couple of A2A aircraft....   All other sounds on PMDG aircraft work as they should...

Can anyone help?

Adam Turley