Sign in to follow this  
ramprat

Problem with the GTN750 and autopilot.

Greetings,

Here's my issue: I have been using the GTN750 with this bird (v 1.7) and it has been behaving fine.  The only problem I was having is the GTN750 (v1.08) would freeze up.  I read in the GTN support forum that the 1.09 service release fixed the freeze up problem.  So, I uninstalled the GTN and installed v 1.09.  Now the MU2 will not navigate via the GTN.  When I try to couple the autopilot via the "nav" button, the MU2 turns to a heading of 360.  I had this problem before with v 1.4 but it was fixed for 1.7....until now.  All I changed was the GTN version.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

You might want to test the GPS/NAV function by using the shortcut Key in FSX/P3d and see if it still points to 360

ZORAN

run the gtn750's configurator found in your start menu and for the mu2 make sure it's using NAV instead of HDG for the autopilot.

I believe you had a chance to do this during the install process but you were probably just clicking away and missed it.

Thanks guys.  I did check the GPS/Nav function was selected to GPS and I did run the configurator.  My next step is to uninstall and reinstall the MU2.  I suspect there may have been a change in the 1.7 version that the fresh GTN install unchanged (if that's a word). 

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Check in the GTN configurator that the "Autopilot" entry is set to Nav... this was my exact issue.

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

Check in the GTN configurator that the "Autopilot" entry is set to Nav... this was my exact issue.

Thank You!

I didn't even know that was there.  That fixed it.  I really should read the manual more.

Thanks to both of you,

Bill

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

that's funny, tha

Thank You!

I didn't even know that was there.  That fixed it.  I really should read the manual more.

Thanks to both of you,

Bill

that's funny, that was the first thing I recommended for you to do, and you said that you tried but it didnt help initially...anyway...you're welcome!

that's funny, tha

that's funny, that was the first thing I recommended for you to do, and you said that you tried but it didnt help initially...anyway...you're welcome!

I apologize Hanger.  That is exactly what you told me to do.  But, for reasons I choose to attribute to old age, I re-ran the GTN configurator and re-set the GPS/Nav function in FSX instead of the GTN configurator.  I am embarassed sir.  Thanks again for your help.

Bill in Colorado:

Retired