Sign in to follow this  
stevewhatmore

Ive just found this FE9Gv1.2 Fantastic

I also had problems with the dirty flare. I tracked it down to one graphics file/setting included, can't remember which one. Will try to find out again. I've installed the sky Johan recommended in his Queen of the Sky thread and it's great!

I just got the Dirty Glare running again. What I did...was (just for laughs...) load in the Dirty textures, but took the suneffect.cfg from the 'new'.  Ran the sim. The sim came up.  I had the orb style of single glare.  I then shut down FS9...and loaded in the proper dirty suneffect.cfg file. I ran the sim...and now had the proper multi block full window sun glare. I tried it with Dawn and Dusk. No crashes.  Perhaps something gets written to the .cfg file?  I dunno...but I'm not touching it again.  I'm going to now fire up the sim and see If I can get to the Sacramento airport that I was testing out of.  If I can...and have the dirty glare come up...I'm not touching anything else, lol.

I just tried again, and it worked, ONCE!.

Amazing how that is possible!.

Puzzled here..

That was my experience.  Jon...I think it might have to do with how the sun is being depicted (time?) at Dawn or Dusk. I just had two good sessions with it in place. I'm going to try now with the third. 

Strange, when starting the sim at around 1200 hrs I got a crash, but at dusk not. Change to daytime no crash.

Only when starting it goes wrong. Strange indeed.

But the dirty looks so good! We need to solve this.

Strange, when starting the sim at around 1200 hrs I got a crash, but at dusk not. Change to daytime no crash.

Only when starting it goes wrong. Strange indeed.

But the dirty looks so good! We need to solve this.

I think it has to do with the azimuth of the sun...but who knows?  For now, I have gone back to the orb-new graphic.  No crashes, any time of the day.

A great package...been flying FS9 all day.  Swapped back in Sascha's water textures, and OceanWave.bmp. Nobody beats Sascha's water textures!

FS9 looks great.

Guys, this program, by Gabriel Rodrigues & Maxime Konareff, is so incredible I cannot stop praising about it. I have done three flights now and I am mesmerized. I continue to take off and immediately place the aircraft on

autopilot so I can view as a passenger would.

Pictures

FS9 ROCKS!

It's quite amazing that FS9 can still hold it's head high, against newer sims, without tweaking!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

LOL, yup, I know. Just saying. :smile: .

We would not be a simmer if we do not tweak.

So, a combination of FE9 & landclassgis.zip & The Natural World?

Then  what about fs2004_tep_v1.0.zip by Aimé Leclercq

FS2004 TERRA EMERGENCE PROJECT (FS2004-TER)
Ground textures replacement for FS2004 v1
for rock, mountains, forests and intermediate zones.

Does that cover us for clouds as well, or do we need hdev2?

Any conflicts you think?

Now, those are tweaks!! :hi: 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I say: Less talk, show what ya got, in the Screenshot Forum!  :hi:

A little less conversation and a little more action please...

-E. Presley-

Anyhow, cool, I will make shots later this week when I can fly again.

:-)

Look forward to that... simply amazing how many different ways our favourite sim can be tweaked and pulled and fiddled with!

The original is and was: rock solid.

Buying a new car wasn't this difficult ..... and it's not getting any easier!

FE9G plus EVO2015/16 Plus (highlighted: Sascha's fabulous water texture and Oceanheight.bmp, from the EVO updates):  is giving me a sim experience that is now pretty much taking up all my simulation time.  Orbx-like graphics, now...a totally real world flying-through environment (from installing and choosing from the options of the FE9G package) I mean, really...the atmospherics now within FS9 are simply top-notch!!!!!

On on a flight between Hamilton, Ontario (I have a really good 3rdp airport here..:)) and Myrtle Beach, in a WesJet 737...and the mist, vapor, refracted haze is simply top-notch.  I have all the other cloud rendering injectors for P3D, FSX, XPX...but nothing (of course, my personal opinion in play) has ever topped out REX2004 Extreme, with Active Sky Evolution in FS9 mode for feeding the metrics for cloud injection and well...the finished LOOK of the cloudscape.  

So, all in all...FS9 has been fully transformed.  EVO gave us below the wing...and now this great atmospheric interpretation, (FE9G v(whatever)) has taken care of what you fly through....  Both put together....is one heck of a great flight simulation visual experience, let alone the system performance FS9 gives you with any computer system of the past 10 years....

So very satisfied with the end result.   For those reading this...install Sascha's EVO water texture and OceanHeight.bmp, for this water representation gives you the best illusion of moving wave crests working within the water environment of FS9 , that I have seen to date. It also gives you a topical water (flotsam) as well.

I couldn't be happier with FS9, as a current flight simulator, than what is now renders out as.  Totally immersive and captivating.  I'm waiting for those Spring Textures that Sascha has been working on...to complete the installation.  

Again, most happy with the total result!

@Sasha, any news of the dirt lens issue ?

Johan,

I managed to get it working with the following two steps.

1. I added the following sections to the lensflare section of my existing suneffect.cfg (NOT Maxime's suneffect.cfg). I overwrote my old lensflares 9 to 11 so that the section ends with the dust entries like in Maxime's cfg.

[LensFlare.9]

Texture="dust.bmp"

Size="1.6" <-- Maxime's original value was 1.62

Location="0.3"

Intensity="0.08" //0.1

[LensFlare.10]

Texture="dust.bmp"

Size="0.78"

Location="1.3"

Intensity="0.18"

2. I added ONLY the dust.bmp to the fs9/texture directory and edited it using dxtbmp and photoshop:

- reduced size to 128 x 128 pixels

- saved it as a dxt1 without alpha.

Now it always works during daytime, and always at dusk if you switch to dusk from daytime. You can now reset it from non-working at dusk by going to daytime and then back to dusk.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-VioimWFh4Yk/WCzk1OuyDGI/AAAAAAAAEFw/_asCgJ0ogpk2K6OW28OzwiAiurE6znoTACL0B/w1493-h840-no/FS9%2B2016-11-16%2B23-44-14-52.bmp

Strangely it will still not work if you load fs9 using the previous flight option on starting, or starting a dusk flight (although you probably can reset now by going to daytime from the dusk flight. I ran out of time so couldn't test exhaustively).

No more crashes!

Edit: Work with previous flight option after all!