Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

VOXATC loses track of my flight about half the time

Might even be more often than that...usually when I'm arriving at an airport.  It'll tell me to switch frequencies and then the readout says to change frequency again and then I'm talking to the departure at the airport I left.

Is this happening to anyone else?  Any fix other than restarting VOX (at a very busy time)?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

It happened to me one, and at a critical time on my approach. I had to force a go around, set myself on a holding pattern while I restarted VOX, but you're right, there should be a better way.

Happens to me as well, but only on occasion.  I think the only way to fix it is to disable and enable Vox.  If it's happening to you often you should probably let Tegwyn know.  He'll most likely tell you to download VoxTools, which will then generate an error log.  He can better diagnose your problem using this error log.

I get a different, but similar, issue from time to time.  Vox will tell me to do something and I say whatever it tells me to say and then it doesn't recognize what I said and it will no longer accept any voice commands.  No sound when I key the mic, nothing.  Sometimes it will 'come back' if I wait, sometimes I have to disable and enable.

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

I've never been able to complete a flight with voxatc without problems.

Allways something fail.

And you?

Speaking only for myself, I have completed hundreds, if not +1000 flights without any error.

I have been using VoxATC since FS9, and it's still the best ATC solution I have found.  Yes, there are issues, some people seem to have more than others, don't know why.  My advice is to keep at it, and email the developer or post here when you can't figure something out.  It's worth the effort, IMHO.

Jay

<edit> Come to think of it, it has to be way more than 1000 flights over all these years.

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Most often happens to me when saved a flight then reissues a squark code on approach code and seems to lose its way not all the time about 50 50

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

i have frequently problem but a bit different. In IFR, when i'm asked to change frequency for another controller, i get a "contact radio" on xxx.x message like if i was restarting a VFR flight. I'm not 100% sure but I think it happens when I execute the frequency change very rapidly and Vox cannot cope with it. Sometimes just returning to the previous frequency a few second then back on the new one solve the. issue but its not consistent.

I can still call and interract with the controler but the prompt will not change until the end of the flight or restart of Vox.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...