Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Unbelievable XPX rendering performance since .b5

May I suggest a disclaimer for the OP along the lines of "I am quite manic in my posts. Either stuff is AMAZING or it is HORRIBLE (substitute freely for any other superlative, as long as is is in CAPS)

Not only that, I also change my mind about the same stuff every week or so. Basically my posts have little informative value and can be ignored after a frowning.

Do not base any investments on my emotions. I cannot be held responsible for cognitive dissonance if you do.

-Roland

May I suggest a disclaimer for the OP along the lines of "I am quite manic in my posts. Either stuff is AMAZING or it is HORRIBLE (substitute freely for any other superlative, as long as is is in CAPS)

Not only that, I also change my mind about the same stuff every week or so. Basically my posts have little informative value and can be ignored after a frowning.

Do not base any investments on my emotions. I cannot be held responsible for cognitive dissonance if you do.

Depressed today, Roland?  Things not going quite right? You needed to really post this?

Posting this in my thread, perhaps empowered you? Wow...different strokes for different folks....

Joined 1 year ago...and a total of 81 posts...ah, ok...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's some shots to perhaps cheer you up...and oh, insulting, and denigrating people on-line, does not empower me. Not my style at all.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/471799-a-virtual-passengerpart-2-of-post/

Depressed today, Roland?  Things not going quite right? You needed to really post this?

Posting this in my thread, perhaps empowered you? Wow...different strokes for different folks....

Honestly Mitch, your posts do tend to come across as indescribably over the top "positive, amazing, blow me away, best thing since oxygen" at times.

...Which is fun for excitement value I guess, but it doesn't lead a reader to believe that the post will be particularly objective.  I don't know this Roland (Sparkie) user personally, but maybe that's what he/she meant?

There's nothing wrong with being over enthusiastic about something, and the posts like this are useful for newcomers and others who can see that people are enjoying their flight sim, which makes a refreshing change from people arguing about which one is best.  

However, there was no need to start a personal attack though, simply ignore such posts if you don't like reading them

Honestly Mitch, your posts do tend to come across as indescribably over the top "positive, amazing, blow me away, best thing since oxygen" at times.

I personally think his posts are great and find his enthusiasm infectious. I hope he keeps doing what he's doing, on both X-Plane and P3D forums :-)

There's nothing wrong with being over enthusiastic about something, and the posts like this are useful for newcomers and others who can see that people are enjoying their flight sim, which makes a refreshing change from people arguing about which one is best.  

However, there was no need to start a personal attack though, simply ignore such posts if you don't like reading them

I personally think his posts are great and find his enthusiasm infectious. I hope he keeps doing what he's doing, on both X-Plane and P3D forums :-)

Totally agree here Tom!

For my post at least, It was not meant as "personal attack" at all...

Honestly, it was simply feedback for Mitch as I've been reading variations of the "over the top" posts for a long long time now.

There is no way to say what I said in any more of a gentle fashion and I think it's OK to say things that are feedback oriented.

Those won't always be all positive!

Edited

Edited by TurbineSeaplane

It was not a "personal attack" at all!

I never said that your post was a personal attack, the comment was about sparkie66's comment, which was uncalled for.

I never said that your post was a personal attack, the comment was about sparkie66's comment, which was uncalled for.

Sorry about that - you're right.

I read through your post in my email client which jumbled all the quotations up...

(edited above post)

Edited by TurbineSeaplane

Mitch is over the top sometimes, but he offsets the snipers that show up on these forums that just point out the negatives.

NAX669.png

It is nice to see a honest and positive post every now and again.....

Many people are very happy with XPX, but so few take the time to talk about it....

Human nature I guess, we only tend to speak out when we perceive a problem....

While I agree that Mitch is somewhat over-enthusiastic and perhaps 'bipolar' and that it might be discomfiting occasionally, his enthusiasm and love for X-Plane is rather infectious as Tony rightly mentioned.

Furthermore, one cannot deny that he has some serious skill in taking screenshots, to a level rivalling PMDG and real photographs even, though the latter may partially be attributed to an excellent collection of add-ons.

Roland could have portrayed his point in a less hostile, sarcastic manner, and he completely neglected Mitch's screenshots, which is unfortunate.

TL;DR: @Mitch, continue with your posts, screenshots and updates, and keep up the joy and love. Maybe consider using a little less of the CAPS and the ellipses i.e. "...", it can be somewhat off-putting to see too many of those.

@Roland, you have got to cool off a little, mate.

I am truly "Old as dirt" and don't get excited over much of anything anymore, but I thoroughly enjoy Mitch's exuberance.  It is good to be excited about your hobby and to be able to approach it with enthusiasm instead of trying to find fault in it.  I personally have been into flight simulation since it's inception and marvel at what Laminar is doing with their product.

I sincerely hope that Mitch will continue with his enthusiastic postings.

Don't worry Mitch - Age will build up a pretty rough exterior shielding you from attacks.

John 

John Wingold

I mostly agree with all that enjoy the occasional excited/positive post.

I was mainly saying (as others above seem to have echoed a bit) that it could be toned down a hair and still be every bit as effective without inducing the "eye rolls" that I tend to get upon first glance.

(...and others who have PM'ed me the same thought)

I think my years and years....and years of waiting on things from Laminar has just made me less excited than some about XPX, which is 100% on me of course (fully admit that)....

The progress of late has definitely been great to see though.  

No question about that!