Sign in to follow this  
el_kab0ng

Anything on the horizon better than RC4 for FSX?

ok so i just loaded up a flight from Birmingham and the BA call sign is still "British Airways" however the ATC message on top of the screen in the FSX window it says "Speedbird" 

Thanks. Probably because they need all the people who supplied recordings to re-record it and the other incorrect ones.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, some of the voice sets you can download from the Pro ATC website do use Speedbird instead of British Airways. I'm particularly thinking of the ones provided by Alpha117 - these are very good quality ones.

Stuart Furley

Stuart. That will be of interest to Pro-ATC customers. I'm staying with RC4. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, some of the voice sets you can download from the Pro ATC website do use Speedbird instead of British Airways. I'm particularly thinking of the ones provided by Alpha117 - these are very good quality ones.

...and that's the problem, there's no consistency! Opening up voice sets to user submission on paper sounds like a good thing to do, you get more variety that way. In practice though quality control get's thrown right out the window.. One voice set will have call signs correct, some won't, and some won't have one at all for the same airline, which results in the ICAO code read out phonetically .

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Well I have sent an e-mail and no replies back to find out if this works in P3D so think I shall pass - very old program and doubt anything newer is going to be created 

Rich Sennett

Well I have sent an e-mail and no replies back to find out if this works in P3D so think I shall pass - very old program and doubt anything newer is going to be created 

If you were asking if RC4 works in P3D, yes it does.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Which program ? Rich

Radar Contact works perfectly in P3D.

Proflight Emulator also works perfectly.

ProATC works in P3D but is not really very realistic as far as FAA/ICAO phraseology is concerned.

VoxATC also works in P3D.

My vote (as always) goes to Radar Contact, because it just works 100% every flight but I also use and enjoy Proflight Emulator, currently using exclusively it on my round the world flight as it's regional accents are fantastic.

The age of Radar contact is as non issue as ATC really does not change that often.

If you were asking if RC4 works in P3D, yes it does.

Which program ? Rich

Thanks friends got me thinking it might be ok to get this is there a native installer for it or do I have to use EMT - How do you get reg number - bit scared on how long I will have to wait as stated have not heard from developer - thank you

Rich Sennett

Thanks friends got me thinking it might be ok to get this is there a native installer for it or do I have to use EMT - How do you get reg number - bit scared on how long I will have to wait as stated have not heard from developer - thank you

Rich, you just install it, no need for EMT. And the key system is automated, you don't have to worry about it ;)

Cheers!

RC4 installs separately from FSX/P3D, it uses Pete Dowsons MakeRwys to extract and build the data files it needs from your Sim.

Registration is normally quick as long as you send your info in the correct format for the registration server, if you don't, then you will need email John Dekker directly.

Support is very good in the Radar Contact forum here from fellow users.

I have not used Radar Contact under Windows 10 so I am not sure if W10 includes the VB6 files that Radar Contact needs, so I would hold off until a W10 user can confirm that it works ok, there should be a link to the needed VB6 dll's in the Radar Contact forum.

Rich, you just install it, no need for EMT. And the key system is automated, you don't have to worry about it ;)

Cheers!

Thanks Buddy - I think this will serve my needs as I dont have time for the hoop la and it seems to get decent reviews

RC4 installs separately from FSX/P3D, it uses Pete Dowsons MakeRwys to extract and build the data files it needs from your Sim.

Registration is normally quick as long as you send your info in the correct format for the registration server, if you don't, then you will need email John Dekker directly.

Support is very good in the Radar Contact forum here from fellow users.

I have not used Radar Contact under Windows 10 so I am not sure if W10 includes the VB6 files that Radar Contact needs, so I would hold off until a W10 user can confirm that it works ok, there should be a link to the needed VB6 dll's in the Radar Contact forum.

Excellent info as I am running windows 10 - thanks - make runways exe is pretty cool - Good job on that Pete

Rich Sennett

...and that's the problem, there's no consistency! Opening up voice sets to user submission on paper sounds like a good thing to do, you get more variety that way. In practice though quality control get's thrown right out the window.. One voice set will have call signs correct, some won't, and some won't have one at all for the same airline, which results in the ICAO code read out phonetically .

Yep that's true. Quality is varied to say the least!

Stuart Furley

To be fair we also had pronunciation problems when accepting recordings for RC4. Some Americans didn't know how to pronounce Nicosia (Cyprus) and it came out as Ni-kosha instead of Niko-see-ah.

Similarly, Europeans (including myself) probably mispronounced some centres in the Far East and Central and Southern America. Such is life when you're trying to cover the world.

On the subject of Windows 10 and Radar Contact I have no plans to change from W7 and I doubt Ron will either. With JD out of the loop as far as forum support is concerned it may need the help of those brave enough to make the switch to get any new DLLs registered. Hopefully the process will be the same as Win 7.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather