Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

MY HDR is way to bright by default

Hi guys,

Something is very wrong with the sim when I turn HDR on.

I just did a full reinstall and used to have it running nicely with HDR beforehand. I followed the following guide but changed a lot of the OP settings:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/465890-p3d-hdr-brightness-mod-bright-daytime-and-dark-night/

Now, when I turn on HDR regardless of settings or default ones, I get a massively overbearing brightness. I seem to remember that without change, I just used to get a little more bloom on the displays. 

24l7ypf.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

All I can tell you is...don't do as I did and not make a backup up of edited file. I had to do a complete re-install to put the edited file back to normal. I don't do to much flying at night anyway.

Sorry you had problems, but others have had the same. When we start editing major files and not make a backup, this is what happens to us.  

Hi mate.

This happens with default files (when I revert)

IMO before anyone starts messing around with HDR setting make 100% you screen is calibrated right to start with. That's your starting point.

Try deleting your shader!

Hi David.

Both fine and I regularly delete the shader files.

Just a casual observation here, but after looking at your image, isn't it possible that the brightness is associated by geographical location?  I see some palm trees in the distance, which I would assume is an island nation.  I've seen some pretty bright and sunny days that compare to your screenshot.

Or, maybe I am just way off base and there really is an issue with the shaders.

-Jim

Sorry Alex no idea what else to try, seems the edited file is still running some how?