Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

FSX vehicle

Departing KDTW I see a FSX static vehicle I have never see prior (I have FSX-Acceleration now).

I use KDTW Blueprint scenery but the author says the vehicle is not his.

Anybody know where this one came from?

KJFK-Taxiway-V-To-rwy27-truck_zpstns72kg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Static and non-moving?  Looks like an airport tractor from SimObjects/Ground Vehicles.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Static and non-moving?  Looks like an airport tractor from SimObjects/Ground Vehicles.

Yes static as far as I could tell.

I do not know about sim objects ... is this a default FSX object that you have seen in FSX?

If so, was it moving?

Best Regards,

At certain airports, while I am taxiing, I will get a "hold position, watch for traffic" from ATC. and one of these

tractors will be on the taxiway stopped for a bit.   Sometimes the only way to make them move is to start

coming at them and then they take off like a bat outta heck!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Run'em over...it's only a sim.  :spiteful:

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

At certain airports, while I am taxiing, I will get a "hold position, watch for traffic" from ATC. and one of these

tractors will be on the taxiway stopped for a bit.   Sometimes the only way to make them move is to start

coming at them and then they take off like a bat outta heck!

Thanks for the information.

I found the SimObject .. it is called a yellow fork lift in FSX.

Just never seen it prior.

Best Regards,

If the author of the afcad does not provide enough ways for airport traffic to move, it will use the taxi way to get to their destination.

In your case it was waiting for you to pass but since both of you were head on it was a dead lock... 

Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Run'em over...it's only a sim.  :spiteful:

-Jim

That worked!

But I did not "feel" good to do it about it and I did not look back.

If the author of the afcad does not provide enough ways for airport traffic to move, it will use the taxi way to get to their destination.

In your case it was waiting for you to pass but since both of you were head on it was a dead lock... 

Menno

Hard to pass on a taxiway but I will do it next time ..

thanks for the follow up answer.

Best Regards,

That worked!

But I did not "feel" good to do it about it and I did not look back.

Hard to paa on a taxiway but I will do it next time ..

thanks for the follow up answer.

Don't worry Vaughan, he's insured. ;)

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit