Sign in to follow this  
Timberleaf

PMDG support for Windows 8.1(+) ?

More to this, if anyone wants to know how, navigate to the FONTS folder in FSX or P3D, use CTRL+A and ENTER or right-click > install, and choose to skip any already-present fonts.

Is that a Win10 shortcut for something?  I just tried it in Win7:  Ctrl+A selected all files in the folder,  the right click context menu did not have an install option... Enter did nothing. Just curious.

Dan Downs KCRP

Is that a Win10 shortcut for something?  I just tried it in Win7:  Ctrl+A selected all files in the folder,  the right click context menu did not have an install option... Enter did nothing. Just curious.

It's been there since Win95. If the selection contains a file that is not a font, then no, you would not see an option to install the font.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Ah, okay. Thanks Steve. I got it working. My cursor was in white space instead of on top of one of the selected files. Doh! 

My computer was turned off for three days and I'm retraining.

Dan Downs KCRP

:BigGrin: You had me in stitches Dan!

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Well I took a gamble and bought the 777 even though I'm running Windows 8.1, almost no problems other than an occasional unwillingness to save preferences when exiting.

8.1 was a disaster for FSX when it first came out but FSX:SE seems to work very well, and Dovetail do say that Win8.1 compatibility was one of the key issues they addressed in the Steam edition.

Check out the X-Plane developer blog for some interesting opinions on major OS upgrades!

Alistair Brown

0.png

Glad you got it sorted, I had meant to reply but have been on the road last few days with dodgy internet.

My computer was turned off for three days and I'm retraining.

At least your trying! So many just shake their stick (literally) and give up! :wink:  :smile: