Sign in to follow this  
lekijiji

P3D training features

I'm just waiting for the new P3D release to come out and I'll give it a try.

I can't provide any specific details of next version due to NDA, but LM is very much involved in providing the tools necessary for developers to implement specific training situations similar to how they are setup in real world commercial and military trainers ... this philosophy at LM continues to be expanded on and is being improved on with each version release.

If you're looking for an "out of the box" solution with no SDK interaction, you may want to search to see if the many existing 3rd party devs have provided a solution to meet your needs ... be it generic aircraft or aircraft specific.

I personally have NOT used these tools, but they provide "out of box" experience: 

from Lockheed Martin:

(hmmm, ok, maybe this one I have ... one of those screenshots looks very familiar)

There, many more, I'm just touching on a few ... but lots of benefits to having a large company working on a flight simulation platform with a very large arena of 3rd party support via the SDKs.

Cheers, Rob.

Just to bring this controversy to an end, the READ THE MANUAL philosophy (when a genuine question is asked) is not at all my style.

I've been instructing people of any age flying most of my life, I NEVER EVER dared to answer like that to anybody.

Sometimes it's a tough situation, I agree. I have been around a/c and been a pilot for most of my life. Have also been around computers and these forums for almost as long. It's not so much the repetitive questions but sometimes I get the feeling that the poster isn't really asking because they want to know the answer but rather that they are too lazy to look it up themselves.

I think, in that respect, that I sometimes "jump the gun" when a few posts later I find that it WAS a legit point of interest to the poster.

And then there are days when I am just a grumpy senior citizen........

:)

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors