Sign in to follow this  
t4murphy

KSFO From FlightBeam

Their latest offerings sucks unless you turn off a whole bunch of features and the vas usage is equally just as bad.

Every system is different but I have to agree. While Sydney isn't quite as bad, Toronto is just brutal on my system. That's with just about everything turned off and lite textures.

NAX669.png

if that's the case then the same can be said about FlyTampa. Their latest offerings sucks unless you turn off a whole bunch of features and the vas usage is equally just as bad.

I have no problem at Sydney

Do not have EKCH or CYYZ but have heard people do have issues there.

I have megascenery and FB's KSFO (Trial version) and started with Real air turbo Duke

OOM! Hmm It didn't last long enough for the trial time to be over ... This is in P3D V2.3

Anyone taken off with the PMDG 777 from the FB KSFO?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yes.  And the PMDG 737 ... can also be done with Orbx NCA, but you might need to adjust a few graphics options ... but I'd recommend staying with FTX Global (or equivalent) ... haven't tried Photo Scenery for the area yet (MSE series). 

Cheers, Rob.

I have megascenery and FB's KSFO (Trial version) and started with Real air turbo Duke

OOM! Hmm It didn't last long enough for the trial time to be over ... This is in P3D V2.3

You know the Trial time doesn't EVER expire ? You have 5 minutes per session, but there's no limit how many times you can do it, the Trial will restart on the next FSX restart, and so on, with no expiry date.

This system has been designed exactly for the needs of the typical flight sim user, that likes to try, exit, tweak a setting, exit, try again, etc. so, a limited number of "tries" or an expiry date wouldn't worked that well.

This might better help you understanding the cause of the OOM.

If your Flight sim loads a bit slow, you can use the following method to get the most out of the Trial time:

- Start FSX to an airport reasonably close to the one you are testing, but far enough to be outside the KSFO range, which is 10 NM. KNUQ or KSJC might be good choices for KSFO.

- After the sim loads and you are in this other airport, move to KSFO, so the Trial will begin.

This means, FSX will take most of the time loading the first airport (but the Trial won't start), but once you are there, moving to KSFO should be quicker, so you'll get the most of the 5 minutes of Trial allowed for that session.

Made a very quick video here just to show FPS performance with the PMDG 737 and 777 ... it can drop to the 25-27 fps range pending which runway you takeoff/land at ... graphics settings and VAS usage are shown at the end of the video and I was using NI for SGSS AA 4X at 4K res.  3.2GB used for PMDG 737 and 3.4GB used for PMDG 777 ... just a basic low and slow flight around the SF/BayArea.

Cheers, Rob.

Made a very quick video here just to show FPS performance with the PMDG 737 and 777 ..

Thanks Rob

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Made a very quick video here just to show FPS performance with the PMDG 737 and 777 ... it can drop to the 25-27 fps range pending which runway you takeoff/land at ... graphics settings and VAS usage are shown at the end of the video and I was using NI for SGSS AA 4X at 4K res.  3.2GB used for PMDG 737 and 3.4GB used for PMDG 777 ... just a basic low and slow flight around the SF/BayArea.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for the demo. What are you using for the cloud textures?

What are you using for the cloud textures?

Default cloud textures.

Cheers, Rob.