Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Soft Clouds update

And you obviously missed we're (or at least I'm not) using REX4 but only the Soft Clouds package where you have a 'Check for updates' button and pressing that button downloaded and installed the update...simple as that.

I'm not even sure why I should have read any instructions because everything is working just fine, I just said I didn't see any 20% FPS improvement.

Richard Åsberg

So you both missed reading this

FROM: REX 4 - TEXTURE DIRECT WITH SOFT CLOUDS BUILD 4.4.2015.0115

TO:  REX 4 - TEXTURE DIRECT WITH SOFT CLOUDS  BUILD 4.7.2015.0818

THIS IS THE PROCEDURE ON HOW TO INSTALL REX 4 - TEXTURE DIRECT WITH SOFT CLOUDS (SERVICE PACK 5)

I. INSTALLATION PROCESS

STEP 1 - Click on the link provided.  This will automatically download the zip file.  Unzip the files into a temp folder on your hard-drive.  Then right click on the setup.exe file to run as the administrator to install.

STEP 2 - When the installation wizard asks you for the folder to install REX 4 - Texture Direct (Service Pack 45), click the … button and select the folder where you installed REX 4 Texture Direct  (i.e - C:\REX Texture Direct).

STEP 3 - After the installation process is over, click the "FINISH" to close out the installation.

II. CONFIRMING THE NEW BUILD

After installation has completed click the desktop icon for REX 4 - Texture Direct. On the splash screen you should see the new build. The build should read: 4.7.2015.0818

III. IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PREPAR3D USERS

In regards to the wave animation fix for Prepar3D users, you must first clear the Prepar3D shader files. Follow the steps below:

STEP 1 - Navigate to C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders

STEP 2 - Delete ALL content within the folder

STEP 3 - OPEN Texture Direct

STEP 4 - Navigate to the MAIN SETTINGS/CONFIGURATION SETTING screen

STEP 5 - Within the DIRECTX area, select the option DX11 ENABLED (P3D v.2.4+) for Wave Animation

STEP 6 - Textures MUST be installed for this fix to be applied!

My post was directed to those with 'Soft Clouds' stand alone. and the update from sp1 to sp2, I did mention in a later post #27 that the build ver is noted on the splash start up screen. I didn't miss your advice in your previous post on deleting the contents of the shaders folder, as I have in the past always deleted the folder itself,

so thanks again for your input and all the post you contribute to.

bob

Hm this was a little bit odd. My shaders folder had 162 entries but after following the Install instructions there are only 10! Yes I have the stand alone Soft Clouds.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Shader files are added and cached as needed - over time they can build up to quite substantial numbers, many of which are not called after that first time. I purge the Shader cache every 3-4 weeks regardless of driver changes.

III. IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PREPAR3D USERS

In regards to the wave animation fix for Prepar3D users, you must first clear the Prepar3D shader files. Follow the steps below:

STEP 1 - Navigate to C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders
STEP 2 - Delete ALL content within the folder
STEP 3 - OPEN Texture Direct
STEP 4 - Navigate to the MAIN SETTINGS/CONFIGURATION SETTING screen
STEP 5 - Within the DIRECTX area, select the option DX11 ENABLED (P3D v.2.4+) for Wave Animation
STEP 6 - Textures MUST be installed for this fix to be applied!

Yes thanks for that heads up.

I did miss it.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.