Sign in to follow this  
Foxtrot_Sim

DXT10 + FSX Default Road Traffic = Disaster!

Hello,

So I recently looked into using DXT10 with FSX, and everything looks normal and dandy, until I turn on the default cars road traffic. When I do, the textures of the cars start to stretch and flash all over the screen. The sky turns black, and the clouds blue, it's a complete mess. But when I turn off the road traffic, all is fine. 

* this only happens in windowed-full screen* In full screen, it's fine, and in windows not full it's fine as well. I tried messing with the resolutions in the FSX display tab and that only changes the full screen resolution. I fly in windowed full screen. 

I have DXT10 fixer and I have ran it many time and played with the settings, nothing has solved this yet, I suspect it's a display or resolution issue. 

Thanks! 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello,

So I recently looked into using DXT10 with FSX, and everything looks normal and dandy, until I turn on the default cars road traffic. When I do, the textures of the cars start to stretch and flash all over the screen. The sky turns black, and the clouds blue, it's a complete mess. But when I turn off the road traffic, all is fine. 

* this only happens in windowed-full screen* In full screen, it's fine, and in windows not full it's fine as well. I tried messing with the resolutions in the FSX display tab and that only changes the full screen resolution. I fly in windowed full screen. 

I have DXT10 fixer and I have ran it many time and played with the settings, nothing has solved this yet, I suspect it's a display or resolution issue. 

Thanks! 

Your GPU may be overloaded, what percentage of AI Traffic are you running?

Try reducing your road traffic a huge amount, as in 100% - 95% = 5%

This is a flight simulator, not a traffic jam simulator.

Yes, I think most folks fly with road traffic at either 0% or between 10 and 30%. I have mine set at 15. I would imagine that 100 would really cripple a system.

I keep my rood traffic at 10% I get plenty of activity at this setting.

Awp, seems to be better. The excess traffic might of been a bit to much... thanks!