Sign in to follow this  
Branech

VoxATC and P3D V3

Here we say SE SEMO SCASSA' I MARONI

However for a 60€ software, it's very unfair this lack of support, I DON'T KNOW how difficult can be making an installer, but I can't believe it's impossible... moreover I could live with the old installer, as I do for Feelthere's products, but AT LEAST I should be able to config it straight away like E-JETS...

• Upvote 1

i do not want to start a long principle discussion on, also because i do not know what exactly is behind VoxATC as a business but i think we should always consider that some of the great addon's we use in our hobby (it is a hobby isn't it? so no life threating things happen when an installer is not updated asap?), is supplied by good willing hobbyist like ourselves.

Perhaps the developer has a family urgency, or his real life job, which he needs to support his family, is taking all his time at the moment.

I met the developer some years ago during a flight sim event and i THINK he is indeed a single professional behind this wonderfull piece of software.

Like you, i prefer my updates yesterday instead of today and would have liked the installer to have been fixed already.

But considering i bought this software some six years ago (for indeed a steep price which it was worth at that time) and that the developer still updated his product (free of charge) last year to support P3D V2 makes me a very happy client.

Having to buy EMT (!2 euro's0 to make it work in P3D V3 was a very small investment i easily justified for myself. 

Having set the config right once removes the need to use the tool everytime.

So that's my take on the lack of response, Feel free to have another opinion. I am not  trying to force you into this thinking but perhaps some of you can give it a thought and give the developer some time to respond. 

So that's my take on the lack of response, Feel free to have another opinion. I am not  trying to force you into this thinking but perhaps some of you can give it a thought and give the developer some time to respond. 

I've owned VOX for five or six years and any time I've contacted Tegwyn (the developer) he's always been very responsive. My guess is that there is something going on in his personal/professional life that is keeping him from doing the P3Dv3 installer.

NAX669.png

I have to config it for every flight, for the SIDs/STARs, the flight number, the vectoring removal from the plan(try it with mountains at night, navigraph's charts are a lifesaver), the speech recognition wich I have to train continously (don't know why, but after the training it's perfect, the next day it can't recognize anything unless another training). And MT can't be started without closing P3D, and you know how fast it is to restart it when you're packed with add-ons. If the programmer has a family issue, he can say "I have a family issue", I would understand. I'm not bashing the software, which I like very much, nor the programmer, but this particular case seems very odd to me. It's not an "update", it's an installer registry modification, since the software works perfectly in V3 once installed. If it must be thorougly tested, just release a beta, but please let me get rid of that damn MT (which I used ,ONCE, for e-jets, so I'm not complaining for the investment). I don't think it's so much to ask for...

I'm a long standing Vox fan, its the best there is IMHO. When I've had reason to email Tegwyn hes been pretty helpful and quick to reply. We all go through tough patches in life, let him be, when he's able to he'll come back to us :) In the meantime, I've installed into P3D3.1 w/o issue using EMT so where's the probs? :P Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Got info from RCSimulations. There will be an upgrade or a new version, but they can't say when.

Sounds good, just some more patience needed :)

Mike

• Upvote 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

It is a great piece of software, and if produced by one person it is quite amazing, if he is having to do all the testing etc himself.

I think the problem, if there is one, is communication.

So far no-one has heard officially if there will be an update-I am sure there will be, but this has come from third party sources.

Just a note on the forum to say development is under way, and progress reports will be made in due course, would help.

We now know how to get it running using MT, so all is well really.

I am looking forward to the next version, it may have some extra goodies, like networking, which could explain the delay. Who knows.

maybe a pain - the answer is 1) live with it, as it still works doesn't it? :P and 2) only have one sim running - I'm on P3D3.1 exclusively and therefore no need to mess with MT, just fire and forget :)

Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

I sent some error log file to the developer arround 25 days ago but he do not answer me. I do not care about P3D compatibility because i fly in FSX. But voxatc have a few bugs that need to be repair in my opinion.

In 60% of the flights the atc give me a STAR to the oposite active runway. I have many error log for prove that. 

I ask the developer arround a moth ago if he will release a update P3D v3, and if he plan to repair other problems (Like the problems i have) in that release. He avoid to answer and he told me that he need the error log files for repair it. Ok now i have a bunch of log files that show the bug,.. but no answer.

I see someone buy a new activation code a few days ago. They have time to generate a activation code, but they have no time to answer our emails...

I sent some error log file to the developer arround 25 days ago but he do not answer me. I do not care about P3D compatibility because i fly in FSX. But voxatc have a few bugs that need to be repair in my opinion.

In 60% of the flights the atc give me a STAR to the oposite active runway. I have many error log for prove that. 

I ask the developer arround a moth ago if he will release a update P3D v3, and if he plan to repair other problems (Like the problems i have) in that release. He avoid to answer and he told me that he need the error log files for repair it. Ok now i have a bunch of log files that show the bug,.. but no answer.

I see someone buy a new activation code a few days ago. They have time to generate a activation code, but they have no time to answer our emails...

I can only echo prev comments and my experience that Tegwyn, the dev, has been good at replying to issues in the past. That being the case, I think if he's not responding quickly now there will be a reason for it.. So, I'm going to wait patiently a bit more :) Cheers K

I have only P3D too, but mine needs MT enabled to config, not run

I just leave the MT active :) what harm does it do?

xaP1VAU.png

I can only echo prev comments and my experience that Tegwyn, the dev, has been good at replying to issues in the past. That being the case, I think if he's not responding quickly now there will be a reason for it.. So, I'm going to wait patiently a bit more :) Cheers K

Sorry, in this case I am not sympathetic.
I have no fault that only one person being responsible of voxatc support and programming.
I paid for the product, and it is not cheap. I just want it to work as shown in the description.

A technical support can not take more than seven days to answer.i am waiting for 25 days. But he have time to generate new activation codes for new buyers.
How much longer do you think I have to wait before starting to worry?

I just leave the MT active :) what harm does it do?

With a sim like Prepar3d where a single file file in a lost directory that didn't load correctly could induce stutter? I can't even imagine. I have a bunch of aircrafts, airports and sceneries, FSPassengers, EFASS and ASN running, who knows what the hell could happen, given the advice to always disable it when possible, maybe some software could recognize P3D as FSX...

However it must be addressed, I can wait, but shouldn't live with it.

This program costs 25% of a Prepar3d Professional License

With the migration tool, I've been able to get VOXATC working in P3DV3. However, it's a bit flaky. The first officer doesn't set the radios any more. And flying from Dublin to Rome, Dublin Approach handed me over to Shannon Oceanic, and I was stuck with that controller all the way over to Holland. It would have made sense if I were heading west, but I was heading east. So I killed it because ATC would never get me down into Rome.

A shame, because when it works, for me it's the best ATC program out there. But it's going to need a bit more work than just registry changes.

Petraeus