Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Rain and snow in P3Dv3

For you guys already running P3Dv3, has there been an improvement to how rain and snow are depicted and the notorious "tunnel" effect or is it still as bad as in previous versions?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Actually I already own that one but didn't bother installing it on my new system.

Mainly because as I remember it I had some weird stuttering/performance issues in the past that went away the moment I got rid of PrecipitFX but also I can't remember I ever noticed any big improvements looking at the precipitation effects but maybe I should give it a second go.

And back to my main question I guess this means nothing has been done to improve the built-in precipitation effects on version 3?

Ok, you've convinced me to at least give it a second chance :)

No I don't think so.

It might of had a few patches since you used it. I ran it in 2.5 and it was one of the first things I installed into v3, in rain the difference is black and white.

How is it on the FPS? VAS?

Thanks,

0 on both

That add-on is worth it's weight in gold.   I see no VAS or FPS loss either, only sweet looking visuals for rain and snow.   I don't think the shaders were updated for rain and snow in 3.0.    At least it looked the same to me the other day.

Sorry, don't want to steer  the tread another direction. My apologies to the OP.

Do you have the Generic product or the A320 T7 Immersion?

If no impact on the frames I think that I'm the next customer.

How is it on the FPS? VAS?

Thanks,

As mentioned above I used to have some stuttering issues despite having a powerful rig but after the positive feedback here I'll definitely give it another spin. Maybe after some patches since I last tried it things have been improved.

Sorry, don't want to steer the tread another direction. My apologies to the OP.

NP and I'm too looking forward to try it out again after all this praise. Will also check what version I own because looks like there's product specific as well as a general version?

That add-on is worth it's weight in gold. I see no VAS or FPS loss either, only sweet looking visuals for rain and snow. I don't think the shaders were updated for rain and snow in 3.0. At least it looked the same to me the other day.

Ok, thanks for the confirmation.

Yes, that's my problem too, as I own both the Aerosoft and the PMDG. I'm looking at the Generic version now.

As I said, my only concern is the performance of this product.

Sorry, don't want to steer  the tread another direction. My apologies to the OP.

We are just taking about 

https://fsfxpackages.com/en/precipitFX/ not the Immersion.

Just noticed there's no version for the NGX which caught me with a bit of surprise considering the NGX is probably one of the most popular and wide spread a/c ever released.

Well...looking forward to try the general version out another time and making sure I get the latest version.

Got it. 14 Euros. Man, the taxes here in Germany suck balls.