Sign in to follow this  
Iceman2

AI nav lights and strobes in P3D V3

Its early days with version 3.

But I have noticed V3 has attempted to fix the strobe lights issues we had, where at a distance the strobes were not visible in previous versions at night. Although I did have a fix in V2.5 using shockwave strobes and some adjustments to the effects CFG to make the strobes appear bigger and flash at a distance at night.

However with my monitor (4k 65in TV) these nav lights and strobes now become slowly larger as the AI aircraft moves further away. In fact too large at a reasonably close distance away. (example: AI aircraft taxiing on the other side of the airport have monster Nav lights and monster red beacons) 

I guess different results for different folks, but on larger screens I wonder if this is more pronounced than smaller ones.

Is there an adjustment somewhere that controls the: at what distance from the user aircraft these AI aircraft lights begin to become larger in size.

Apart from this Version 3 is way way better in so many ways. Congratulations LM

IM

Are you using Shockwave effects with the AI aircraft? And are they stock AI or MyTraffic? Just curious...

I'm noticing this too with P3D default lights effects on my AI aircraft. I had the shockwave lights on 2.5 but did not install them to V3.....yet.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I have noticed the same thing but I think it is a good compromise to ensure that those lights do show up at a distance. I've seen similar behavior in x plane which has some amazing night lighting

Chris

I'm using just stock lights effects with Ultimate Traffic 2. I will fiddle with the effects CFG to see if I can reduce them just a little.

The good thing is AI landing lights and strobes are visible way off in the distance like 10nm or 20nm away. Never saw that in previous versions.

My issue is the lights get too big too quickly as the AI aircraft moves further away from the user aircraft, like just 1 or 2 miles away.

IM

Thanks IM - MyTraffic stobes still have an issue appearing at a distance, so I assume that's a specific issue with that addon.

Using Shockwave lights results in this condition being worse. I've changed most of my airliners (AIA, FAIB, TFS etc) back to stock and they are much better. They are still too big and bright now, but it's better than it was. We've gone from not seeing any AI lights to the full other end of the spectrum almost. Still it's better than it was before.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Using Shockwave lights results in this condition being worse. I've changed most of my airliners (AIA, FAIB, TFS etc) back to stock and they are much better. They are still too big and bright now, but it's better than it was. We've gone from not seeing any AI lights to the full other end of the spectrum almost. Still it's better than it was before.

That's good to know...I'm planning to just keep the deault lights. I flew last night and an SWA(new livery)738 was taxiing by and the lighting looked fantastic.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11