Sign in to follow this  
Nduru

API.dll crash when opening Vpilot on V3

I started getting this CTD after installing Immersion for the airbus x, so uninstalled it as well as reinstalling vpilot...still no luck.

I also tried a new CFG but that didn't work. Any advice would be great :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Has vpilot been made compatible with P3D?  You may have to wait for an update.

Best regards,

How did you get VPilot installed into V3?

VPilot does not install directly into the simulator. It is a standalone program that communicates with the simulator via simconnect. As long as you have the legacy simconnect client for FSX SP2/Acceleration installed on your computer, Vpilot should work with any simconnect-enabled simulator - FSX, FSX-SE, P3D 2.5 or P3D 3.0

P3D does not install the older simconnect clients by default, but it does include the installers for them in a folder called "redist" located in your main P3D installation folder.

My Vpilot was working last week and now it keeps on crashing the sim, looks like i have to wait for an update :(

Nope. I installed it and I can connect and talk to ATC, but none of the traffic loads. If I load into LAX (on a busy day) there is no other traffic modeled, not even default. But I can still change radio frq's and communicate with the controllers.