Sign in to follow this  
ashepherd316

Nvidia driver

what numbers is the nvidia driver thats is causing problems in p3d v3 i have 355.82 driver  installed for my gtx 980ti is there a better driver to get for performance thanks.

Alexander Shepherd

er 358..... is out

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

I have no complaints. you can always go back.

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

I kept loosing the fuselage of the aircraft or the cockpit floor with 358, seating open to the world a' la Hawaiian Airlines, or textures in the cockpit from totally wrong sheets. Went back to 352.86 that I'd been using without problem since May.... what performance problem?

Dan Downs KCRP

The choice of driver is entirely dependent on the rest of your computer.

And the rest of your computer is...?

4790k overclocked to 4.7 ghz evga gtx 980ti 8gb ddr3 ram 2133mhz windows 7 ultimate 64 bit i downloaded the 358 driver doesnt seem to be any difference still only get between 20 and 30fps at uk 2000 heathrow here are my settings what can i do to get better fps and smoothnessPyTo0R.jpg

znkKth.jpg

NWDoLf.jpg

TMIgpm.jpg

tLSKcd.jpg

Alexander Shepherd

My settings are very close to yours, and my hardware is similar expect for the GC being the 980M (yes, a laptop mobile gpu).  I get excellent performance in V3 using the latest drivers oddly enough.  I won't look that gifthorse in the mouth! :)

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

@ ashepard316

I fly in and out of UK2000 regularly in the AS320 and sometimes the NGX. I can maintain 30fps (not much headroom to spare though). I have a i3930K @ 4.7GHz with a GTX980.

You have not mentioned what traffic you are using. I see the traffic slider set at 50%, that can be a lot of traffic at Heathrow and AI traffic is very CPU intensive. I use MyTraffic6 in conjunction with Aircraft Traffic Optimiser to limit the number of aircraft in my vicinity at any given time. If I had 50% traffic set at UK2000 Heathrow and no traffic optimisation my frame rate would tank. I set traffic to 25% and limit the number of aircraft with the traffic optimiser to 30.

If you do a forum search for Air Traffic Manager that will give you some details. Air Traffic Manager does not work with all AI options though.

They are fairly high settings you have dialled there. Have you tried backing those off a little?

​There is also another excellent topic running at the moment titled "A Frame-Time Analysis of P3D v3 -- Effects of CPU Affinity, Frame Lock, and HT". Not sure if you are already utilising some of those enhancements?  I use a combination of them to achieve smooth performance at Heathrow. Out of the box I would not be able to achieve that.

Regards

Michael M

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

You have a hefty machine, but still....all those ultra settings and on top of 4096. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Why are you punishing your CPU so harshly with that heavy ground traffic setting?  Do you really like your cars that much?   Car traffic is a huge strain on the CPU.   Cut it back to 10-15%.  You still get a nice level of cars without the same performance hit.   AI traffic is the other big sledge hammer but if you are like me, you can't live without it.  I hate ghost airports.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

4790k overclocked to 4.7 ghz evga gtx 980ti 8gb ddr3 ram 2133mhz windows 7 ultimate 64 bit i downloaded the 358 driver doesnt seem to be any difference still only get between 20 and 30fps at uk 2000 heathrow here are my settings what can i do to get better fps and smoothness

Unless you are into submarines try deselecting Bathymetry, turn down the water detail a tad and perhaps lose some or most of the reflections. Should help a bit.

Cheers

Steve Hall

I find the water doesnt really impact me that much i am using woai traffic is there better traffic that is kinder on the cpu i either have to turn airline traffic off or turn all the shadows off when i want both of them as it looks unreal without them i find the roads look nearly empty with anything less than 50% road traffic have you seen the m25 its always full so it would look unreal without any of that is it worth going to an 6700k cpu as i only fly at heathrow would be good if anyone could do a comparison between the 4790k and the 6700k at heathrow when i approach runway 9l the fps go down to 20 and the stuuters are awful even 25 would be better.

Alexander Shepherd

Using 358.70 (developer version) here. No problems

Remember after every driver change to clean the Shader cache.