Sign in to follow this  
Luis_KMIA

Initial observations: PMDG + FSX SE on Windows 10

The only problem remained is that every time I load an PMDG aircraft I must enter the registration key.

This is because of the SimConnect error. See your other thread for the answer to that. Until you get the SimConnect versions installed, you should avoid trying to activate the aircraft. If our activation server sees that you're trying to activate a whole bunch of times, it looks suspicious and it will lock the key. Soon enough, you'll be out of activations and will have to wait for one of our techs to manually override things for you.

Kyle Rodgers

Is there anybody who use FSX Deluxe (SP2) on Windows 10 and DX10 mode with Steve's Fixer?
I bought full Windows 10 and now I wonder if should I switch to FSX:SE or install FSX Deluxe SP2 edition :Thinking:

Guys.

What controls do you use? I am thinking to install W10 and based on feedback PMDGs are running well but I heard Saitek is still lingering on its drivers update for W10. I read that most of Saitek product are almost unusable with W10. That's still keeps me from switching to W10. 

Thx 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

It is also important for me...Gents, any experiences with Saitek on W10?

However...I saw W10 drivers for Saitek on Saitek's www pages...

In the 20+ days since my initial posting, I have yet to see any CTDs or fatal errors.  

I'm also using Saitek yoke, pedals, and throttles, which Windows 10 detected automatically.  All I had to do was program button and axis assignments to my liking.  I also ordered Boeing handles com cockpitsimparts  for my throttle quadrant, and I can't wait to get them, especially since I only fly the 737 and 777!

I've bought a lot of sceneries since 2006 and began reinstalling the best ones like FSDT, FlyTampa, T2G, Latin VFR, ORBX Global/Vector, and they all work great with almost no impact on frames.

I strongly suggest downloading the free secenery config tool, which allows you to quickly turn scenery products on and off, which helps FSX load faster and use less memory.

Some asked if FSX is working on Windows 10.  I only tried it a few days and got CTDs most of the time.  FSX SE is a huge improvement and has a better balance between CPU and GPU allocation, and is not crashing, as I mentioned initially.

My add-on usage is always, ASN, GSX, Steve's DX10 Fixer, PMDG 737/777, and whatever scenery I have active.  Dense/detailed sceneries never dip below 20 FPS (when I'm in virtual cockpit view) on my older system, and are 30+ in spot views and in the less dense areas. 

I'll buy a P3D license later this month to start trying that program out, especially since that team seems to have a more robust development plan. 

In the meantime, I don't think FSX SE is going to get old any time soon.  If I only had one wish is for the Dovetail Team to make it a 64-bit platform, so we don't even have to discuss memory usage.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)