Sign in to follow this  
Jernite

FSX AutoSave cannot install

Howdy,

I hope you're fine, i have some trouble with installing

FSX Auto save 1.0.4 the error message shows : Incorrect FSX Version this requires FSX SP2 FSXSave installation cannot continue.

NB: i've already installed the app but the module wasn't runnning correctly after uninstall and i try to install it again

this is the issue

Thanks in advance

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

For FSX, I believe that Peter Dowson's Auto Save is now part of the registered FSUIPC

For FSX, I believe that Peter Dowson's Auto Save is now part of the registered FSUIPC

yes sir i've fsuipc registred but the auto save lagging while saving the flight

any idea ?

Hi, Jernite,

You might do better posting in the FSUIPC forum. Pete Dowson, the designer of FSUIPC, is usually quick to respond.

http://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

You can also search that forum to see if someone else has had a similar problem.

You may have to login or create an account to post there.

In future, put "FSUIPC" in your thread title -- that might catch Pete's eye more quickly.

Mike

Pete's not involved. It's not an FSUIPC issue. This autosave program was written by Glenn Wilshaw years ago and is widely available as freeware. But it does, indeed, need SP2 so the question to the OP is the same - do you have SP2 installed? (But it is a little strange why a user with a registered version of FSUIPC would fool around with this at all).

Doug

Pete's not involved. It's not an FSUIPC issue. This autosave program was written by Glenn Wilshaw years ago and is widely available as freeware. But it does, indeed, need SP2 so the question to the OP is the same - do you have SP2 installed? (But it is a little strange why a user with a registered version of FSUIPC would fool around with this at all).

Doug

Maybe the OP doesn't realize that autosave is included with FSUIPC.  At any rate in his situation I would still try posting on Pete's forum.  Can't hurt.

Mike

Maybe the OP doesn't realize that autosave is included with FSUIPC.  At any rate in his situation I would still try posting on Pete's forum.  Can't hurt.

Mike

You're right Mike - can't hurt. What's a puzzle to me is his statement that  "yes sir i've fsuipc registred but the auto save lagging while saving the flight". 

Doug

You're right Mike - can't hurt. What's a puzzle to me is his statement that  "yes sir i've fsuipc registred but the auto save lagging while saving the flight". 

Doug

Hi, Doug,

Maybe he means that FS stops/stutters for an instant while autosave is saving. I've seen some reports of this, but haven't

experienced it myself (and I don't have a very high powered rig). But that is a very different issue from an installation problem.

Also, maybe he downloaded the separate version for FS 2004, not realizing that it is included in the FSX version of FSUIPC.

He mentions version 1.04 and current FS2004 version is 1.501.

Mike

Thanks all for the support, i will try the link of that forum mentioned above, well Mike you're right, while the Auto save is processing the save
the MS keep freezing for 4-3 second ...etc

Thank you for help

horrible situation, the forum won't publish my topic :(

also i keep flying without any auto save :(

NB: Pete Dowson Forum to be clear

horrible situation, the forum won't publish my topic :sad:

also i keep flying without any auto save :sad:

NB: Pete Dowson Forum to be clear

You have to have an account and log into it to be able to post.

Mike

You have to have an account and log into it to be able to post.

Mike

Indeed, but they won't accept my post twice :(

Jernite,

Firstly, there is no need to install a 3rd party autosave utility. If you have a registered version of FSUIPC4 then make sure it's the latest version. v4.948. Download and install from this link. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

I suggest you uninstall FSX Autosave v1.0.4. It's doing the same thing as FSUIPC4. You can configure the autosave feature in that to save every minute if you wish but 5 or 10 minute intervals is probably better. It's even possible you already have the autosave configured in FSUIPC and the reason for the 'lagging' is because it's running at the same time as the external autosave program.

You won't get a reply from Pete as he's away on holiday until 7 December. But I couldn't see any message from you on his forum anyway unless you have a different username than here.

Agree with Ray. All that the external Autosave program is doing is sending a SimConnect call to FSX to save the flight, same as FSUIPC. If you are having lag it is likely caused by an add-on aircraft (the PMDG 777 seems to be the most common) or an anti-virus utility on your computer.

Cheers!

Luke

Jernite,

Firstly, there is no need to install a 3rd party autosave utility. If you have a registered version of FSUIPC4 then make sure it's the latest version. v4.948. Download and install from this link. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

I suggest you uninstall FSX Autosave v1.0.4. It's doing the same thing as FSUIPC4. You can configure the autosave feature in that to save every minute if you wish but 5 or 10 minute intervals is probably better. It's even possible you already have the autosave configured in FSUIPC and the reason for the 'lagging' is because it's running at the same time as the external autosave program.

You won't get a reply from Pete as he's away on holiday until 7 December. But I couldn't see any message from you on his forum anyway unless you have a different username than here.

Very good morning dear RAY,

Already removed the autosave only thing is FSUIPC 4.947 i will try the last version and i will get back to you soon.

Thank you very much

Still the same issue dear,

Right now i'm heading to Cape Town with PMDG 777, AutoSave selected into FSUIPC the las mentioned version.

The problem still exists, i count down the time was about 7 seconds of lagging, for info my FPS is good always more than 30FPS.

Agree with Ray. All that the external Autosave program is doing is sending a SimConnect call to FSX to save the flight, same as FSUIPC. If you are having lag it is likely caused by an add-on aircraft (the PMDG 777 seems to be the most common) or an anti-virus utility on your computer.

Cheers!

Luke

Mr.Luke Good day & weekend,

I got windows 10 x64 FSX with acceleration, the matter is the lag taking long time, to override.

I'm totally agree that FSUIPC is smooth tool, but the issue unknown, i've checked the event viewer there is nothing mentioned

connected to the matter.

Regards,

Hi, Jernite,

7 seconds seems like a long time for FSUIPC's Autosave function to cause an interruption.

A couple of thoughts and questions:

1) If you change how frequently Autosave saves your flight -- from say once every minute to once every three minutes -- do you see a change in how often the pauses happen?  If not, then the problem is somewhere else.

2) As Luke suggested, it could be your antivirus program  There should be a way to stop it from scanning ALL FSX files when they are active in memory (in Norton it's called "Realtime Exclusions").

3) Have you tried reducing your scenery settings (moving sliders more to left)? 

I fly the PMDG 777 a lot, but the stutters I get are usually on short final when the scenery load becomes heavy.  I have FSUIPC Autosave set to every 2 minutes, and I am not seeing a recurring two minute pause or stutter.

Edit:

Another thing that occurs to me:  It's possible the folders where Autosave saves the files are getting very full with saved files.  For the PMDG aircraft it saves some files in FSX\PMDG\777X [OR OTHER PMDG AIRCRAFT NAME]\PanelState folder.  Take a look in there -- if there are many, many files that start w/ "Autosave" you can delete the older ones.

You may need to activate a function called "alsomanage".  It's explained in the FSUIPC documentation, I believe in the advanced users guide.  It will manage the special PMDG autosave files the same way it manages (i.e. deletes after awhile) the FSX saved flight files.

Mike

Hi, Jernite,

7 seconds seems like a long time for FSUIPC's Autosave function to cause an interruption.

A couple of thoughts and questions:

1) If you change how frequently Autosave saves your flight -- from say once every minute to once every three minutes -- do you see a change in how often the pauses happen?  If not, then the problem is somewhere else.

2) As Luke suggested, it could be your antivirus program  There should be a way to stop it from scanning ALL FSX files when they are active in memory (in Norton it's called "Realtime Exclusions").

3) Have you tried reducing your scenery settings (moving sliders more to left)? 

I fly the PMDG 777 a lot, but the stutters I get are usually on short final when the scenery load becomes heavy.  I have FSUIPC Autosave set to every 2 minutes, and I am not seeing a recurring two minute pause or stutter.

Edit:

Another thing that occurs to me:  It's possible the folders where Autosave saves the files are getting very full with saved files.  For the PMDG aircraft it saves some files in FSX\PMDG\777X [OR OTHER PMDG AIRCRAFT NAME]\PanelState folder.  Take a look in there -- if there are many, many files that start w/ "Autosave" you can delete the older ones.

You may need to activate a function called "alsomanage".  It's explained in the FSUIPC documentation, I believe in the advanced users guide.  It will manage the special PMDG autosave files the same way it manages (i.e. deletes after awhile) the FSX saved flight files.

Mike

Hello dear Mike

Thanks for your time,

i've tried 10 mintues (600s) the same problem, i've looked for autosave addon nothing exists that's mean, only FSUIPC preform the auto save operation.

for the 1st suggestion the same duration for all periods

2nd i don't have an antivirus installed on the computer of FSX

3rd i use autosave only while in air disabled on ground, furthermore the issue exist wherever.

4th AlsoManage technical added but no result still the same problem.

A file generated at each autosave extension WX (weather) i use ASN for the weather, it could be the reason maybe ?

Thanks

Hi Jernite,

There are 3 files saved with each autosave. FLT, WX and one other I can't recall.

Try switching to the default 737-800. Take off and manually fly for 5 minutes. If the problem remains then we can eliminate the PMDG777.

This has to be something on your system since no-one else is reporting this problem.

Jernite

Go back to the FSUIPC FAQ section a posted fix is in there - it is caused by the overzealous windows defender software that is always on and cannot be turned off easily

The fix is to exclude the fsx process exe. It will also exclude all associated files created by the sim or FSUIPC from being auto scanned

Hope this helps

Jernite

Go back to the FSUIPC FAQ section a posted fix is in there - it is caused by the overzealous windows defender software that is always on and cannot be turned off easily

The fix is to exclude the fsx process exe. It will also exclude all associated files created by the sim or FSUIPC from being auto scanned

Hope this helps

Hello sir,

Just adding all the folders into exclusion within the default windows defender right now seems 2 sec maximum of lagging ,

1 last step missing to finish the matter ahahaha

Thank you.

Dear Ray i m on approach phase at Cape town after landing i will get back to you

This has to be something on your system since no-one else is reporting this problem.

FWIW, our ACARS software has an autosave timer using FSUIPC and we (as well as numerous folks on Pete's forum) appear to have encountered the problem, especially with the PMDG777.

It's relatively common in my experience.

Cheers!

Luke

FWIW, our ACARS software has an autosave timer using FSUIPC and we (as well as numerous folks on Pete's forum) appear to have encountered the problem, especially with the PMDG777.

It's relatively common in my experience.

Cheers!

Luke

Fair enough. I don't have the PMDG777 so hard for me to understand the problem. Pete doesn't either.

Once jernite lands and can try the default 737 (or 777) that should give a clue at least.