Sign in to follow this  
mikensherri328

Plane Jumps 2000ft at touchdown

Hello all:

I have experienced a problem with a KLGA freeware upgrade I made where while landing on RWY22 the plane will hop up 2000ft right before the touchdown point. I have did a little research and it seems like it maybe a problem with a conflict between the new LGA and the default LGA files. I have crash detection turned off when this happens, and I am certain if I had it on it would detect a crash.

Can anyone share some guidance on how to change the default LGA scenery? I don't have any software for changing the files, just wondering if there is a way to find the file, and a way to tinker with it using notepad or word?

Thank you.

Mike

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What aircraft are you flying and are you making sure the baro is set correctly?  When you said add-on freeware, I immediately assume it is an issue with the add-on scenery.   Perhaps the afcad file is wrong.

-Jim

Just flying a repaint of the default crj700. the baro is right. i am assuming it is an issure with the add on conflicting with the default. just trying to see if there is a way to go in an look and edit without editing software. also need guidance on how to find the default lga file since they dont seem to be named by airport ident in the folders.

I have the aerosoft Antarctica Scenery and at many runways the same thing happens. As you are about to touch down the plan jumps a few thousand feet like that. Where there are runways on land and well defined it doesn't happen. It's mainly on runways on ice and poorly defined runways it happens. It also happens when the plane taxi's for takeoff and you hit the runway perimeter the plane is catapulted. straight up. That happens no place in the world other than there and it never happened before that software so whatever it is it involves that specific scenery set.