Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Which pushback method do you use? GSX or PMDG's?

Yes, that's true but when using GSX being the perfectionist I am I always feel the need to adjust the pushback truck so it doesn't interfere with the airport scenery which is the case at some airports/gates and since I have quite a number of airports installed and the majority of them very large ones that becomes a very time-consuming job.

And  you think  That Bryan  Ultimate  crew  you  don't  have  to do the same thing?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Reassign GSX to the Caps_Lock key instead of the Shift-F12 key, then you won't have an issue with EZDOK. Note the key assignment is in the Couatl key mapping menu not GSX

Thanks for that suggestion, Tom. I'll give it a try.

Update: I reloaded GSX and gave the Cap-Lock key a try... so far, so good. I'll report back here after I take a couple flights to see if this has done the trick.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

And  you think  That Bryan  Ultimate  crew  you  don't  have  to do the same thing?

I have no idea, guess we'll have to wait and see what UGCX will be like.

Richard Åsberg

Thanks for that suggestion, Tom. I'll give it a try.

Update: I reloaded GSX and gave the Cap-Lock key a try... so far, so good. I'll report back here after I take a couple flights to see if this has done the trick.

The CAPS-LOCK key trick has worked flawlessly for me, so very grateful to Tom (aka tf51d) for passing it along.  Back to GSX fulltime for pushback.

• Upvote 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Do you reassign this to GSX or Common, I noticed when i go to Key mappings for COUATL powered products, I have these 2 settings...

GSX - Show GSX Menu by passing YouControl = Shift+Ctrl+F12

Common - Show YouControl Menu = Caps_Lock

Is this right?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Do you reassign this to GSX or Common, I noticed when i go to Key mappings for COUATL powered products, I have these 2 settings...

GSX - Show GSX Menu by passing YouControl = Shift+Ctrl+F12

Common - Show YouControl Menu = Caps_Lock

Is this right?

If you want to change the mapping, yes. I personally delete almost all the default key mappings for the sim, Ezdok and GSX and assign my own. I've never had any conflicts this way.

I'd also add that GSX is only as good as the taxi lines that exist inside the airport AFCAD. Often the pushbacks will end at funny angles or you'll end up being spun around in a rather unrealistic fashion. Last night this happened to me at FSDG Djerba. AES is better in this respect as each pushback is custom built but on a value for money basis, GSX wins hands down.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

I'd also add that GSX is only as good as the taxi lines that exist inside the airport AFCAD. Often the pushbacks will end at funny angles or you'll end up being spun around in a rather unrealistic fashion. Last night this happened to me at FSDG Djerba. AES is better in this respect as each pushback is custom built but on a value for money basis, GSX wins hands down.

That was a problem with earlier versions, I haven't had an issue like that since after the 1.9 update.All pushbacks are true with no weird turns as in earlier versions of the program. If you are still having an issue with that, I would try an uninstall and reinstall of GSX (Not just the addonmanager). That corrected some other issues I had. The automatic updates, don't always seem to put the program in the same state that a reinstall does.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

That was a problem with earlier versions, I haven't had an issue like that since after the 1.9 update.All pushbacks are true with no weird turns as in earlier versions of the program. If you are still having an issue with that, I would try an uninstall and reinstall of GSX (Not just the addonmanager). That corrected some other issues I had. The automatic updates, don't always seem to put the program in the same state that a reinstall does.

Thanks for the suggestion but this is a fresh install of P3D and GSX, so I'm not sure a reinstall will solve it. The pushback works fine but surely GSX cannot overcome improperly written taxi lines in the AFCAD?

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

The pushback works fine but surely GSX cannot overcome improperly written taxi lines in the AFCAD?

It's really easy to edit the airport AFCAD with Airport Design Editor (ADE by Scuffyduck).  I've done it for a dozen different locations. The GSX manual tells you how to assign a taxi node for use in push back.  Just create or modify the taxi path to suit you needs, ADE connects to FSX or P3D so you can see where the airplane is in either application. Since I always reuse the same gate at each location for the same aircraft type and carrier, I'm only doing this on occasion and not all the time thank goodness.

Dan Downs KCRP

I find that with PMDG, a left or right turn will produce a pushback length of about 400ft, which I am unable to change, so i use GSX exclusively.

Jeff Callender