Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

P3D capable Virtual Airlines

I'm thinking about joining a VA (which is capable of utilising P3Dv3 )and was wondering whether anyone can recommend any good VA's.  I'm looking for a regional US airline or any airline where the 737NG is in operation and probably one global airline.   I'm not sure what makes a VA  'good' v 'not so good' so open to suggestions from experience.

thanks

I tried quite a few VA's and wound up at Delta VA. They have quite a few real world pilots, an Acars that runs very well, training materials, and you have to pass an exam in order to qualify. Very professionally run, and they have all the delta and Delta code share airlines. I fly mostly in North America and Europe. https://www.deltava.org/

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I tried quite a few VA's and wound up at Delta VA. They have quite a few real world pilots, an Acars that runs very well, training materials, and you have to pass an exam in order to qualify. Very professionally run, and they have all the delta and Delta code share airlines. I fly mostly in North America and Europe. https://www.deltava.org/

Great, thanks Bob

I belong to 3 currently and really like what all 3 bring.  Most favorite is Fly UK, have set routes and aircraft but a great website and flying club, tours, etc.  WestWind Airlines is all about freedom to fly anywhere in anything and have an extensive hangar.  And VirtualUnited.org.  But you have to find something that fits what you want out of it. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I belong to 3 currently and really like what all 3 bring.  Most favorite is Fly UK, have set routes and aircraft but a great website and flying club, tours, etc.  WestWind Airlines is all about freedom to fly anywhere in anything and have an extensive hangar.  And VirtualUnited.org.  But you have to find something that fits what you want out of it. 

Yh, I guess what I'm looking for is perhaps some structure to my NGX flights,  I currently look at RW flights between two cities on FlightAware and then pick an airline and do the flight using ProjectFlys ACARS system which is great.  But keen to experiment with a VA's .

do the flight using ProjectFlys ACARS system which is great.  But keen to experiment with a VA's .

I'd be curious to hear your feedback on the differences between ProjectFLY's ACARS and Delta's.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

I too have flown for Delta VA, although I'm not active at the moment. I like how they allow flexibility when selecting routes as it relates to your qualified hardware. I also like their advancement scheme - they hold their pilots to attainable standards which gives you a sense of accomplishment when you move from airframe to airframe. There is also no requirement to fly online with VATSIM or other controllers, which would be a big limitation for me personally. They strike a good balance between highly structured flying and fully open ended VA's.

The DVA ACARS system is also quite a nice tool, supported and functional in Prepar3D. I'm not sure if it's entirely home-grown, or an extension of another ACARS tool which they have customized.

A good group of people over there. Finding a good fit with a VA is always a challenge, but I was pleased with what I found at DVA.

-Greg

I too have flown for Delta VA, although I'm not active at the moment. I like how they allow flexibility when selecting routes as it relates to your qualified hardware. I also like their advancement scheme - they hold their pilots to attainable standards which gives you a sense of accomplishment when you move from airframe to airframe. There is also no requirement to fly online with VATSIM or other controllers, which would be a big limitation for me personally. They strike a good balance between highly structured flying and fully open ended VA's.

The DVA ACARS system is also quite a nice tool, supported and functional in Prepar3D. I'm not sure if it's entirely home-grown, or an extension of another ACARS tool which they have customized.

A good group of people over there. Finding a good fit with a VA is always a challenge, but I was pleased with what I found at DVA.

-Greg

The Delta VA Acars has so many features, I forget to use some of the:

1 Records FPS for each flight so you always have a record

2 Records takeoff speeds and runway length before lift off

3 Records Landing vertical speeds, as well as ground speeds at landing

4. Records type of aircraft flown, fuel burn, weight etc. 

5. Maps entire flight, and even maps flight on Google Earth if you want it. 

In addition it records, graphs,  and  keeps stats on your landing touchdown descent rates and distance from runway threshold at touchdown. 

No requirement to fly online, I use Pro ATC on every flight. 

Acars program is constantly updated, never crashes, and checks that your flight data is correct when you enter it into Acars for a planned flight. It even calculates the loading weight and fuel requirement for aircraft like the Q400. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Read my sig. :wink:

The best for 738WL imo and with FS2Crew SOP3 is Ryanair it's very good and 6000 others think so.

USA I like SWA FS2Crew SOP1

All below are with v3, what other sim is they :wink:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I just dont understand ProjectFLY's , I joined on 1st Jan this year and just gone back to sort it out.

I tried to enter/reg an aircraft, you enter 737 and can only get 737-100 to 500 ? 

Were is 737-800?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Like my colleague NyxxUK i recommand Ryanair for europa (great destinations), with FS2Crew SOP3 the perfect employer. No problem with Prepar3D v3. 

http://vryr.eu/

If you wan't to stay in europa, I can say econair is pretty great (it's not a VA based on a real VA) and or Thomson VA (with all TUI Carrier)

http://www.thomsonvirtual.co.uk/

http://www.flyecon.com/

For the USA I think United Airlines is a great one. All UAL flights and all Codeshare flights (Star Alliance) https://virtualua.org/

Again, no problems with Prepar3D. Everything is working fine. 

These are my employers so far. :) 

Philipp Schwaegerl

I just dont understand ProjectFLY's , I joined on 1st Jan this year and just gone back to sort it out.

I tried to enter/reg an aircraft, you enter 737 and can only get 737-100 to 500 ?

Were is 737-800?

Hi David

Just last week I asked this question as well. You have to enter '737-8' to get the -800 designation. I think their V2 ACARS will be significantly different from what I'm hearing.

I'd be curious to hear your feedback on the differences between ProjectFLY's ACARS and Delta's.

Cheers!

Luke

Well I've just had a look on Delta's website and I see what you mean. It is a world apart. Lots of good data there....

Read my sig. :wink:

The best for 738WL imo and with FS2Crew SOP3 is Ryanair it's very good and 6000 others think so.

USA I like SWA FS2Crew SOP1

All below are with v3, what other sim is they :wink:

Excellent.

Thanks all for your input. Lots of high quality choices.