Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

aitraffic visibility

Hey there!. Prepar3dv3 flying in , I noticed the lights of the boats can be seen at a great distance ( over 40 km ) at night .

In aitraffic , this does not happen . After various tests, all concluded the same thing: the navigation lights of the planes

had a limit of visibility of 10 nm (20 km). After exceeding this limit, simply disappear. I wonder if there is the possibility

of treating these lights as Prepar3D boats . In general , as I see in real life , I can see the lights often aircraft air traffic

beyond 20 km . This would simulator greater sense of reality and life in night flights , sunrise or sunset. Is there such a possibility ?

Can Prepar3D these figures show much distance in the vicinity ? Thank you very much for the help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Heya, as far as I know Ai AirTraffic is hardcoded to 10nm since fs2009 and also stayed hardcoded in P3D V3......so sadly no.

I fly FS9 and P3D. At night the AI traffic is very visible (position lights/strobes) in FS9 but has never been in either FSX or P3D for me. I actually increased the scale (to 25 X original scale) of fx_strobe in P3D so that I could see the traffic. I really don't know the limitations, so I leave that to the experts. 

I never found a need to mess with lighting distances in P3D.  I use MyTraffic 6, and the AI traffic I get displays the strobes and other lights just fine.  Then again, i don't get too picky on light scale, as long as the lights show up.

-Jim

Oh, in the short time I tried FSX I noticed with certain cfg settings they dont show up untill close.

It was something like the discard pixel setting on 4 or more if I remember well. Dont know the cfg entry anymore, someone else will I guess.

oh! i hope you can remember!!! thanks for the help! i continue fighting for that!:)

On 15/12/2015 at 0:09 AM, abranpuko said:

Hey there!. Prepar3dv3 flying in , I noticed the lights of the boats can be seen at a great distance ( over 40 km ) at night .

In aitraffic , this does not happen . After various tests, all concluded the same thing: the navigation lights of the planes

had a limit of visibility of 10 nm (20 km). After exceeding this limit, simply disappear. I wonder if there is the possibility

of treating these lights as Prepar3D boats . In general , as I see in real life , I can see the lights often aircraft air traffic

beyond 20 km . This would simulator greater sense of reality and life in night flights , sunrise or sunset. Is there such a possibility ?

Can Prepar3D these figures show much distance in the vicinity ? Thank you very much for the help.

I know this an old topic, but I developed a fix for this issue for PDV4, you can find more information by searching AI Lights Reborn free edition on Avsim or Google.

Best Regards,

Simbol 

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:26 PM, simbol said:

I know this an old topic, but I developed a fix for this issue for PDV4, you can find more information by searching AI Lights Reborn free edition on Avsim or Google.

Best Regards,

Simbol 

thank you very much!:)  i have downloaded Ai Lights reborn free edition...but planes continue dissappearing always at that distance. Am i doing something bad in the installation? :) thanks

2 hours ago, abranpuko said:

thank you very much!:)  i have downloaded Ai Lights reborn free edition...but planes continue dissappearing always at that distance. Am i doing something bad in the installation? :) thanks

I have contacted you privately to start debugging your local environment.

UPDATE:
@abranpuko, from our private conversations it looks like your problem is now resolved, if you have any further questions please contact me directly using my official forums: https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/821-fsreborn-series-support-forum/ or via email at support@fsreborn.com.

Enjoy the product!

All the best,

Simbol

Edited by simbol
Problem resolved.