Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

aitraffic visibility

Recommended Posts

Hey there!. Prepar3dv3 flying in , I noticed the lights of the boats can be seen at a great distance ( over 40 km ) at night .

In aitraffic , this does not happen . After various tests, all concluded the same thing: the navigation lights of the planes

had a limit of visibility of 10 nm (20 km). After exceeding this limit, simply disappear. I wonder if there is the possibility

of treating these lights as Prepar3D boats . In general , as I see in real life , I can see the lights often aircraft air traffic

beyond 20 km . This would simulator greater sense of reality and life in night flights , sunrise or sunset. Is there such a possibility ?

Can Prepar3D these figures show much distance in the vicinity ? Thank you very much for the help.

Share this post


Link to post

Heya, as far as I know Ai AirTraffic is hardcoded to 10nm since fs2009 and also stayed hardcoded in P3D V3......so sadly no.

Share this post


Link to post

I fly FS9 and P3D. At night the AI traffic is very visible (position lights/strobes) in FS9 but has never been in either FSX or P3D for me. I actually increased the scale (to 25 X original scale) of fx_strobe in P3D so that I could see the traffic. I really don't know the limitations, so I leave that to the experts. 


Joe Balmas

Share this post


Link to post

I never found a need to mess with lighting distances in P3D.  I use MyTraffic 6, and the AI traffic I get displays the strobes and other lights just fine.  Then again, i don't get too picky on light scale, as long as the lights show up.

 

-Jim


Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, in the short time I tried FSX I noticed with certain cfg settings they dont show up untill close.

It was something like the discard pixel setting on 4 or more if I remember well. Dont know the cfg entry anymore, someone else will I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
On 15/12/2015 at 0:09 AM, abranpuko said:

Hey there!. Prepar3dv3 flying in , I noticed the lights of the boats can be seen at a great distance ( over 40 km ) at night .

In aitraffic , this does not happen . After various tests, all concluded the same thing: the navigation lights of the planes

had a limit of visibility of 10 nm (20 km). After exceeding this limit, simply disappear. I wonder if there is the possibility

of treating these lights as Prepar3D boats . In general , as I see in real life , I can see the lights often aircraft air traffic

beyond 20 km . This would simulator greater sense of reality and life in night flights , sunrise or sunset. Is there such a possibility ?

Can Prepar3D these figures show much distance in the vicinity ? Thank you very much for the help.

I know this an old topic, but I developed a fix for this issue for PDV4, you can find more information by searching AI Lights Reborn free edition on Avsim or Google.

Best Regards,

Simbol 

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:26 PM, simbol said:

I know this an old topic, but I developed a fix for this issue for PDV4, you can find more information by searching AI Lights Reborn free edition on Avsim or Google.

Best Regards,

Simbol 

thank you very much!:)  i have downloaded Ai Lights reborn free edition...but planes continue dissappearing always at that distance. Am i doing something bad in the installation? :) thanks

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, abranpuko said:

thank you very much!:)  i have downloaded Ai Lights reborn free edition...but planes continue dissappearing always at that distance. Am i doing something bad in the installation? :) thanks

I have contacted you privately to start debugging your local environment.

UPDATE:
@abranpuko, from our private conversations it looks like your problem is now resolved, if you have any further questions please contact me directly using my official forums: https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/821-fsreborn-series-support-forum/ or via email at support@fsreborn.com.

Enjoy the product!

All the best,

Simbol

 

Edited by simbol
Problem resolved.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    22%
    $5,550.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...