Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

Best New York Airport scenery

Hi.

As a European flyer, I thought it was time to invest in a New York Airport scenery. However, I drawn between Drewiecki Design (DD) KJFK and FSDT KJFK. In addition, if you buy the New York Airports package from DD, you also get Newark. I always found the pricing of FSDreamteam to be a bit stiff, and while living in Norway, the tax I have to pay outnumbers the coupon (FACEBOOK23) so basically no discount.

Thoughts? I can't figure out whether these products are compatible with P3D v3 either.Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

FSDT airports are all p3d v3 compatible. I have their kjfk, it's not bad.

Haven't tried the Dreswiecki KJFK, but if you haven't tried their New York city v2, get it - awesome piece of scenery when used in p3d v3.

Hi.

As a European flyer, I thought it was time to invest in a New York Airport scenery. However, I drawn between Drewiecki Design (DD) KJFK and FSDT KJFK. In addition, if you buy the New York Airports package from DD, you also get Newark. I always found the pricing of FSDreamteam to be a bit stiff, and while living in Norway, the tax I have to pay outnumbers the coupon (FACEBOOK23) so basically no discount.

Thoughts? I can't figure out whether these products are compatible with P3D v3 either.Thanks

Not sure if you have bought already, I own DRZW New York Airports. While it is true that you can install the scenery and you even use it, the developer him self has stated in his forums that it has a memory leak issue causing single digits FPS in P3D V3. I would wait till the update comes early next year to make it fully compatible. 

I have actually deactivated it from the library because the performance is so bad. 

Not sure if you have bought already, I own DRZW New York Airports. While it is true that you can install the scenery and you even use it, the developer him self has stated in his forums that it has a memory leak issue causing single digits FPS in P3D V3. I would wait till the update comes early next year to make it fully compatible. 

I have actually deactivated it from the library because the performance is so bad. 

Good to know, thanks. Still haven't bought anything. Hoping FSDreamteam will have a January sale.

• Upvote 1

Good to know, thanks. Still haven't bought anything. Hoping FSDreamteam will have a January sale.

My vote goes for FSDT KJFK latest version - last time I checked DD version it was a slide show - but I agree on New York city lot better performer now

• Upvote 1

DD New York v2 is absolutely grest. Together with DD KLGA I get very nice performance in the NGX. DD KJFK is currently not very good on performance but the developer has promised to release an update soon. Compared to FSDT KJFK it's a bargain.

I wouldn't count on a FSDT sale. They rarely do sales. Last one has just run out (Black Friday). And even when they have a sale it's never more than 30% off...