Sign in to follow this  
Raven9000

Tongass Fjords 50% Off at SimMarket!

If you're an avid ORBX scenery user, and need that little missing piece to your pacific, fear not!

Tongass Fjords, the missing link is currently on sale at SimMarket (and also at the FSAddon site).

Discount is 50%! so only 13.98 Euro at SimMarket:

http://secure.simmarket.com/fsaddon-tongass-fjords-x.phtml

Not sure about the dates, since this is supposed to be running for about 2 weeks until Jan 2 2016, but some of the products from this publishers they have either screwed up or something because it is showing to be on sale for almost a year from now...

Anyway grab it while you can, I know I will!!

• Upvote 2

Great price and addon. I've ready got it.

Likewise. At that price, it's a steal.

+1 recommendation re: Tongass

I'm thinking I'll get the Gloster Gladiator - can't go too far wrong for €8

Oliver, LLBG sure does look good.  Would appreciate any comments you might have after you try it out.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Oliver, LLBG sure does look good.  Would appreciate any comments you might have after you try it out.

Hi Carl,

a bit mixed feellngs here now, but with the discount I won't complain. On the plus-side:

• "immediate surroundings" included as photoscenery, with (two) seasonal variations and a night scenery
  • autogen trees and buildings for the photoscenery
  • detailed airport ("clutter")
  • solid airport texturing for buildings, runways and taxiways (but nothing spectacular)
  • AES support (no AES lite included, though, but a few moving vehicles anyway)

To be aware of:

• can get heavy on framerates (sliders maxed out, default Bell heli - around 20 fps) - autogen slider at 'normal' doesn't quite cure that with the NGX and AI traffic enabled
  • doesn't blend into ORBX Global Base (and neither into default ground textures as per the simMarket screenshots)
  • surrounding ground textures are rather low-resolution
  • the photo-real airport ground is also low-res

An interesting airport with the added value of the surroundings modelled. I'd say the discount compensates for a few remaining weaknesses.

I appreciate your quick review. Little disappointed since I have TF and others and well pleased with them.  I am concerned with the potential low frames you mentioned and poor blending with Orbx.  My computer is low end, but still enjoyable with Orbx and GA flying.  May still go for it since it is at a reasonable price.

Regards,

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________