Sign in to follow this  
Manny

P3D V3 CTD All of a sudden

All of a sudden today I get a CTD.... IT looked like GFDev.dll I disabled that...and its erroing somewhere else... Not sure what happened.. I am unable to restore the system to an earlier date..

Where do I start to figure this one out? Any ideas?

Sigh!

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: Prepar3D.exe
  Application Version: 3.0.10.14945
  Application Timestamp: 560b4abe
  Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: ffb20156
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi Manny,

You had a "StackHash".  There is no module on your computer system named "StackHash" so no need to look for it.  The four characters following the StackHash represent the memory address where the fault occurred.  It's impossible to find what was running at this address.

Some have fixed a StackHash error by lowering their p3d/display driver settings or, if overclocked, changing the voltages/overclocking settings in the BIOS to the defaults and overclocking again.  Some others have fixed the problem by shutting down the sim only in Windowed Mode and starting up in Windowed Mode but never in Full Screen (isn't it strange how diversified the "fixes" are?).  My recommendations if the crashes continue:

• Move the P3D.cfg and scenery.cfg to a temporary folder and restart P3D.  No crash, then move the scenery.cfg back but leave the P3D.cfg there with the default settings.  If the crashes still do not return, then there was probably something wrong with your P3D.cfg.  High settings coupled with high settings in an addon can be the cause.  It could also be a tweak such as the BufferPool tweak where wrong parameters were set for YOUR computer system.
  • If the StackHash still won't go away, then it could be in your dll.xml.  A StackHash is usually followed by an NTDLL.dll crash (it's all memory related) which also means high settings or wrong voltages in the BIOS.  But, members have fixed their problem after finding a corrupted dll.xml that might contain two entries for the same product.  For instance, I found two exactly the same entries for the PMDG entries, removed one, and the problem went away.  The dll.xml can be moved to a temporary folder too but you won't be able to use any of the programs that are loaded when the dll.xml is working.  You can try disabling each module one by one in the dll.xml as explained on page 3 of the AVSIM CTD Guide.
  • Look in the FSUIPC4.log and see if it sees an error (this log is overwritten each time you start up P3D so you have to look at it after a crash).  The fsuipc4.dll will sometimes record what caused the crash.  Mostly out of memory or getting low on memory.
  • If you just installed a new addon or program, disable it and see if it fixes the problem.  The program may not have been installed properly.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim...

I did a full C Drive recovery from, my Acronis backup I took a week back and I still got the error

Now I am recovering my P3D directory (in another drive)  from a month back.

IF I still get the error then it maybe my OC or  other settings.. I shall investigate based on what you told me.

Thank you

:)

This Hobby sometimes kills me. :)

Manny

I just had an unexplained error with P3D today and the event viewer was showing the faulting module was Microsoft.net 4.0.  Of course you can no longer reinstall dotnet 4.0 as 4.6 is out (I have to do a lot of changes to the AVSIM CTD Guide!!).  I just fixed it (fingers crossed).  Earlier today I decided to ratchet up my scenery sliders to mostly max.  Five minutes later the crash. I've spent most of the afternoon and night trying to figure this one out and so far it shows my settings were too high.  It could be an issue in conjunction with my overclock.  In any case, I would strongly suggest you turn your sliders down at least for investigative purposes.  I think I have a very powerful system but P3D/FSX tells me otherwise.

Just think Lockheed Martin is getting ready to release 3.1.  It'll be back to the drawing board again!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

I think I its that garbage FSDT/Flightbeam Addon manager.

This morning I had installed KDEN update

Recovering my C;Drive from my backup and restore points did not help because the Addonmanager is stored in my P3D folder in another disk... Now when I made it "fALSE" from DLL.EXE I see I am not getting this 

Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e

I also googled for that and it took me to FSDT Forum where I saw a note there with someone else who had this..and I found another thread here in AVSIM with the same issue... All due to Addon manager.

Sigh I wasted a full day today with grief and tension because of this.,... I am so livid!

Let it run this overnight to be absolutely sure its this garbage Addonmanager

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11597.20;wap2

http://www.avsim.com/topic/420212-app-crash-fault-modue-name-stackhash-0a9e/

So far its running with no issues:

Jim, you may want to add this "StackHash_0a9e" to you list and the #1 suspect is that trash ADDon Manager.... and to remove it from the DLL and test it to see if they have this error.

Manny

Hi Manny,

I had gotten a similar issue after upgrading my KDEN update yesterday but did not get any CTD's.  I had just installed new photoscenery - MSE Florida v4.  I had my P3D settings set very conservatively but decided to turn them all up to the max in the scenery section (other sections had already high settings).  About five minutes later I got a dotnet 4.0 error.  I did some searching and saw that it might be the AddonManager so I downloaded and installed the latest (those links you provided are exactly the ones I went too).  This time P3D ran for about 15 minutes before it crashed.  I thought it was ASN and removed that.  Still no luck.  I removed my scenery.cfg and let it rebuild and still got the crash (the scenery.cfg rebuild got rid of all of my addon scenery including KDEN and all of my FSDT addons).  Finally, I remembered I had raised my scenery settings to the max and lowered them back to where they were and the crashes have now stopped.  So I think it is high settings somewhere that is causing the issues and not an addon program.

Anyway, StackHashes can occur with any program at any time and it is strickly memory related.  Something gets "stuck" in memory and crashes the program. 

Glad to hear your problem is resolved and thanks for posting.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi Jim

Flightbeam forum there is a thread, they have acked that the issue is the Addon Manager. I tried the latest addon Manager and the issue cropped up again..so I have removed the addon manager until they fix the issue

Edited to correct the right link:

http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2260

Manny

Hi Manny,

That link led to a topic about shadows.  Think this is the link you wanted to post - http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=116319.

I don't agree with that as you can disable the Addon Manager in the dll.xml and you can disable all FSDT airports and that should immediately tell you if one of those programs are the cause. 

BTW, I mentioned above that I thought I had fixed my problem by lowering my settings.  Well, I just tried a flight from FSDT KLAX to KSFO in my iFly 747 and crashed just like before around 5 minutes after I loaded the flight. 

I intend to disable my addon manager and see if this fixes the problem.  There is some commonality with our crashes in that we both upgraded KDEN and thus a new Addon Manager was installed.  But then, everyone who owns this product and upgraded and the thousands more who have FSDT products installed, are not reporting any issues with the Addon Manager.  So, to me, it is not logical.  But I do know the Addon Manager causes crashes and it is even in my CTD Guide.  It happens when FSX/P3D does not start up, not even to the setup screen.  Update the Addon Manager and the problem is fixed.

Hopefully a fix can be found soon.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi Jim

Flightbeam forum there is a thread, they have acked that the issue is the Addon Manager. I tried the latest addon Manager and the issue cropped up again..so I have removed the addon manager until they fix the issue

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14165

Hi Manny,

I'm 100% confident this a problem with one of your dotnets.  I just fixed my problem by scanning my system and it found several corrupted files relating to dotnet AND Microsoft Visual C++2012 and successfully repaired them.  When you upgraded your KDEN, that program probably corrupted dotnet and Microsoft Visuals as it reinstalls them.  That is the only possibility I can think of as FlightBeam's KDEN HD was the only thing I installed (I did not uninstall the previous version first, just overwrote the previous installation).  Microsoft.net's (dotnets) are used by Flightbeam and other developers to make sure your application runs properly including memory management and the dotnet and Microsoft Visual they use was installed with the update.  Try scanning your system for corrupted files.  If you are not familiar how to do that, in Windows 7, click on the Start Button>All Programs>Accessories>and then right click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.  Once open, type sfc/ scannow and then hit enter.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks Jim

I ran  sfc /scannow and I got

"Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation"

Manny

I just uninstalled KDEN HD and that fixed the problem for me.  FlightBeam installs a version of Microsoft Visual (think v2010 and v4.0 of the Microsoft.net) and you have to uninstall it to get rid of what they did.  The installation got corrupted somehow.  When I uninstalled KDEN, it all removed the addon manager loading in the dll.xml so I will have to reinstall the addon manager if I want to get my other FSDT and FlightBeam airports to work. 

After uninstalling KDEN, I just finished a flight from KLAX to KSFO in the iFly747.  Absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Flightbeam have just stated that the issue is with the updated addon-manager and are getting FSDT to fix the issue ASAP

http://flightbeam.net/forums/

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Thank you for this update Jude!

You're Welcome!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020