Sign in to follow this  
rich1241

AI Reducing?

Hi,

I'm having a bit of an odd problem....FSX has been working fine for months but recently my AI has been reducing by itself.

What I mean by this is I start off at any airport with full ai, and give it 30 seconds or so and it seems to reduce by about half, then the same again and then same until only around1 ai aircraft remains? I am checking this also by right clicking and seeing the list of ai aircraft getting much smaller, after starting off full.

I use UT2 and WOAI  and haven't had any issues. Any ideas for a solution or whats causing this?

(Just in case related I was having some issues with GSX after installing latest update, where FSX would just quit straightaway after loading. I've now removed GSX and FSX no longer quits and doesn't seem to have any issue except for AI?)

Hope that makes sense, cheers,

Rich

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have a look at your UT2 settings. Under utilities and In Game settings. Check the Target FSX frame rate slider and try leaving it on OFF.  Then fire up the sim to see what the AI does.

Also make sure that the hotkeys in UT2 that are used to decrease traffic on the fly aren't using the same key bindings that belong to another aircraft or function.

I had that happen to me once as the UT2 keys for decreasing traffic were als mapped to a function in one of my aircraft and every time I hit that button traffic percentages would drop a little.

Thanks for your help and quick reply - turning the target slider to OFF seems to have worked a treat! Cheers