Sign in to follow this  
robbo3066

Problems with FMC

Went to use my 777LR after a few weeks away from FSX to find that I am unable to load any flightplan or navdata.

Created a flightplan with PFPX, as normal, went to load the flight through 'route request' on FMC, the FMC goes through the process of sending the request, advising that the uplink is ready, I then select 'load' and it then starts going through the process of loading but then shows an error 'INVALID ROUTE UPLINK'. this happens whatever the route I used of the 14 stored, that I have used previously.

I then attempt to load nav data manually, but the error 'NOT IN DATA BASE' comes up.

I have tried reinstalling the Nav Data, sucessfully, the files appear to in the correct places.

I use Windows10, FSX-SE and have done so, successfully since Windows 10 was released, until now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob

Rob Payne

Created a flightplan with PFPX, as normal, went to load the flight through 'route request' on FMC, the FMC goes through the process of sending the request, advising that the uplink is ready, I then select 'load' and it then starts going through the process of loading but then shows an error 'INVALID ROUTE UPLINK'. this happens whatever the route I used of the 14 stored, that I have used previously.

Usually means there's an error in the file.

I then attempt to load nav data manually, but the error 'NOT IN DATA BASE' comes up.

Means there's something missing in the nav data. What entry/entries are resulting in this message?

Kyle Rodgers

Usually means there's an error in the file.

Means there's something missing in the nav data. What entry/entries are resulting in this message?

Thanks Kyle for your reply.

I have tried lots of airports in the 'ORIGIN & DEST' entries, apparently not in the database, also tried entering a valid route in the 'CO ROUTE' entry, causing an 'INVALID ENTRY' error.

Have tried uninstalling the 777, re-installing it and get the same errors.  Have tried re-installing the NavData, again without success.

Rob

Rob Payne

Have tried uninstalling the 777, re-installing it and get the same errors.

Uninstalls/reinstalls rarely fix things - there's usually some other underlying cause, so it's better to troubleshoot, or reach out to support if you need to.

Have tried re-installing the NavData, again without success.

Is the NavData program pointing to the right location? Is it being run as an admin? 

EDIT: Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Rob, I too fly the PMDG 777 in P3D and also use Aerosoft's PFPX to generate my flightplans. I then save it for different aircraft such as the Aerosoft Airbus X 318-321 series,and the range of PMDG aircraft such as the 737NGX and the ubiquitous 777. In the Export section of PFPX, make sure you direct where you export a flightplan you create using PFPX to the relevant PMDG directories where such flightplans

are saved,as per the screenshot

PFPXExportingPlans.png

I have two folders in the FSX\PMDG folder, one 'NAVDATA' plus 'SIDSTARS' and of course all the others not relating to NavData.  Yes I did install NavData as admin.

The 737 is working fine and picking all relevant NavData, so it purely the 777

But now when I try to load the 777, I am getting a dark screen (in daylight), plus incomplete cockpit panels which I cannot use at all.  Nothing works. This has only just happened.

Rob Payne

Rob, I too fly the PMDG 777 in P3D and also use Aerosoft's PFPX to generate my flightplans. I then save it for different aircraft such as the Aerosoft Airbus X 318-321 series,and the range of PMDG aircraft such as the 737NGX and the ubiquitous 777. In the Export section of PFPX, make sure you direct where you export a flightplan you create using PFPX to the relevant PMDG directories where such flightplans

are saved,as per the screenshot

PFPXExportingPlans.png

Thanks VC10Man, can confirm i Have the same setup and settings, thank you

Rob Payne

Rob Payne

But now when I try to load the 777, I am getting a dark screen (in daylight), plus incomplete cockpit panels which I cannot use at all. Nothing works. This has only just happened.

That's your uninstall/reinstall one too many times.

I have two folders in the FSX\PMDG folder, one 'NAVDATA' plus 'SIDSTARS' and of course all the others not relating to NavData.  Yes I did install NavData as admin.

The 737 is working fine and picking all relevant NavData, so it purely the 777

Rob Payne

Hi, Rob,

When the 737 works OK with nav data but the 777 does not, try backing up and deleting ARPT_RWY.dat file, found in FSX/PMDG/Navdata. It is a cache used by the

777 FMC and is not part of the Airac. It will rebuild the next time you start the 777. It sometimes causes problems when you update an airport scenery or AFCAD.

You may have introduced another problem by reinstalling the 777, but this may fix the original problem and it is harmless to try.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, Rob,

When the 737 works OK with nav data but the 777 does not, try backing up and deleting ARPT_RWY.dat file, found in FSX/PMDG/Navdata. It is a cache used by the

777 FMC and is not part of the Airac. It will rebuild the next time you start the 777. It sometimes causes problems when you update an airport scenery or AFCAD.

You may have introduced another problem by reinstalling the 777, but this may fix the original problem and it is harmless to try.

Mike

Mike

Haven't ignored your suggestion, might be a day or so before I get around to trying it.  Thank you, will report back soon

Rob

Rob Payne

Thanks Guys for your suggestions

Everything now appears to be working normally

Took Mike's suggestion in removing the ARPT_RWY.data file, plus as I thought it was in an unrecoverable situation, probably caused my me uninstalling and reinstalling the 777 (not following the correct procedure) after the original FMC issue, I again uninstalled the aircraft, this time following the correct steps, then reinstalled it and everything is fine, the FMC included.

Thanks for your help

Rob Payne

Rob Payne