Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

MD 11 not available?

If I am able to find a boxed version for sale, are there updates needed for it to be the latest version? 

David Norman Paul

If I am able to find a boxed version for sale, are there updates needed for it to be the latest version?

I believe I have the current version. The FSX Menu Bar>add-on>PMDG>About PMDG shows the version as 10,0,61355,62. My Control Panel shows the version as 1.20.055. Take your choice. I believe there was one update released which can be downloaded from - http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/updates.html.

I believe I have the current version. The FSX Menu Bar>add-on>PMDG>About PMDG shows the version as 10,0,61355,62. My Control Panel shows the version as 1.20.055. Take your choice. I believe there was one update released which can be downloaded from - http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/updates.html.

Thanks, pcubine.   Amazon has the boxed version for $55.00, so I went ahead and took the plunge.   I downloaded the update you provided the link for, just in case.  

So now I am watching Youtube videos for how to fly her.  Can't wait!  

I was actually browsing the PMDG website and thinking about getting the JS4100 when I noticed there were no links for the MD11X.   I'm so glad that I found out they stopped selling it and grabbed a copy.  

David Norman Paul

Thats exactly what I did last week. I was only flying GA aircraft and wanted to step to the NGX first, but when finding out the MD11 is discontinued, a grabbed a copy as long as their are some.

Greets from FIN245 EFHK/EDDF ;-)

Just a follow-up to my post about getting this plane while I still had the chance:  I am really glad I did!   I bought the JS4100 at the same time, so I played with the prop first and I started messing with the MD11 on Friday.  

I really like the plane.  Very nice job, PMDG.  I feel sorry for anyone who might have liked this bird that won't be able to get it in the future, but that's that.

I just finished a flight from LGA to DCA and did the RNAV 19. I didn't come out of the clouds until I was at around 1000 feet.  It was a thrill and I nailed the turn to final and greased it!

David Norman Paul

Luckily, got it working back in FSX-SE and am on freight haul LEPA-EGCC with FS2Crew's add-on to give it added realism+ASN SP5.Over 40s FPS too. Not complaining, enjoying this beautiful bird again. Best decision I made to grab it when it was on sale many moons ago,

Luckily, got it working back in FSX-SE and am on freight haul LEPA-EGCC with FS2Crew's add-on to give it added realism+ASN SP5.Over 40s FPS too. Not complaining, enjoying this beautiful bird again. Best decision I made to grab it when it was on sale many moons ago,

Nice!

David Norman Paul

I just finished a flight from LGA to DCA and did the RNAV 19. I didn't come out of the clouds until I was at around 1000 feet. It was a thrill and I nailed the turn to final and greased it!
Good thing you were on RNAV 19 and not trying to follow the river to 19. I am usually carrying around 75-90 tons of cargo so I avoid National plus I don't think KDCA could handle that much cargo all at once. Also I would probably end up in the Potomac are the far end of 19.

Good thing you were on RNAV 19 and not trying to follow the river to 19. I am usually carrying around 75-90 tons of cargo so I avoid National plus I don't think KDCA could handle that much cargo all at once. Also I would probably end up in the Potomac are the far end of 19.

I know, right?   I do sometimes fly the River Visual for 19.   That's a hoot.  

David Norman Paul