Sign in to follow this  
Jan Cheva

When VOR is caught there is no radial green line on nav display

Hello. 

First on FMC's "NAV RADIO" page I set "VOR L" freq and its "CRS" 

And then on EFIS Control Panel in VOR/ADF Swithes I set the switch to "VOR L" position.

When VOR is caught there is no radial green line on nav display, only pointer.

What cause of no radial green line? 

Full names in the PMDG forums please, although I just now saw your screen name is your name....

VOR lines appear in the display when enabled in the aircraft display options.  See also the introduction document for description of options.

Romain: Great minds....

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,

Have you the option to display the VOR course lines selected in the options of the CDU?

> Introduction manual page 0.00.92.

Also, you have to sign your posts with full names (first and last) as per forum rules.

Dan, 

It seems we have posted at the same time!

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

The left side of the FMC radio page, tunes the captains radio only.

The right side of the FMC radio page, tunes the FO radio only.

The bearing pointers from both left and right side (VOR/ADF) can be made visible on both Capt and FO display.

But if you switch to the ND VOR mode for example, then you must make sure that you tuned the correct side in the FMC.

I have not manually tuned VOR courses for a while, but I guess the green lines only appear on the tuned side as well.

Rob Robson

I had no time to check in the PMDG, but in the real 777 it does not matter if you tune the VOR with RADIAL in your FMC on the Left or right side of the radio page.

In either case you get a green radial.

So my above comment was not correct.

Rob Robson

I tried in the PMDG777.....no problem here.

But I am not on the latest version of the 777 yet.

Green lines visible in both Nav display MAP and PLAN mode (not in APP or VOR mode ofcourse).

Rob Robson

Hi,

As I'm currently flying the latest version of the 777 in fsx, I have just done the test. The green radial is displayed only if a radial is entered in the RAD/NAV page.

It is not displayed anymore for a VOR in auto or manually entered without radial.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Hi,

Have you the option to display the VOR course lines selected in the options of the CDU?

> Introduction manual page 0.00.92.

Also, you have to sign your posts with full names (first and last) as per forum rules.

Dan, 

It seems we have posted at the same time!

This option on DISPLAY page is active.

See screen (there is no radial line):

http://postimg.org/image/9mr5fc3np/

This option on DISPLAY page is active.

See screen (there is no radial line):

http://postimg.org/image/9mr5fc3np/

Your picture shows that you've manually dialed a VOR in that's over 443 nm away, and the 066 CRS line doesn't come anywhere close to your current location. Moreover, I'm not sure what the arrow is pointing to. The only VOR in that direction is Domodedovo, but that's 113.3 and a CRS of about 140.

Kyle Rodgers

No. I set SHEREMETYEVO (UUEE) (MR) VOR. Freq 114.60

Can you show me a map or something with that in there? I can't find a reference to the MR VOR anywhere. It's not on SkyVector, and it's not on any of the current approach charts.

Kyle Rodgers

Can you show me a map or something with that in there? I can't find a reference to the MR VOR anywhere. It's not on SkyVector, and it's not on any of the current approach charts.

The MR VOR still exists in FSX but no longer in real life. You can see it on the FSX map near UUEE. The 777 is able to tune and identify it though. UTT is the nearest VOR with that frequency in the AIRAC.

I see VOR Course lines if I manually tune a VOR and enter a course. But it doesn't seem to work around Moscow for some reason. Many of the VORs that display on the ND can't be tuned manually, possibly because they don't exist in FSX.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi,

Here are two screenshots taken in the -200LR in FSX. The VOR course lines are actually displayed only if a radial is entered in the RAD/NAV page for the manually entered VOR. If the radial is left blank, the course line is not displayed.

I think that the change comes with the latest update as Rob said above that in the earlier version, it is displayed not matter what.

mini_902077Capture1.jpg

mini_511390Capture2.jpg

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg