Sign in to follow this  
molleh

New York area sluggish FPS?

Does anyone have any tips for better performance in the New York (KLGA) area? I have a pretty high end PC (3570k @ 4.6ghz, GTX 980 Ti, 16gb DDR3 2400 CL10, Samsung 850 Pro SSDs) and I can't even maintain 30 fps with the Majestic Dash 8 and very moderate graphics settings and Ultimate Traffic 2 set to a very modest 25% GA and airliners. Just about any other airport location I can maintain a rock solid 30fps. The only scenery add on I am using is UTX USA.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Try dropping the traffic down to 18 or 19 it's a major performance killer if I go bove 20 percent on my rig 4790k and gtx980ti. I get over 30 fps at FSDT's KJFK in the CS L1011

I would suggest using Air taffic manager and set it to 50%,that is of course if you are not using it already.

when i start this program up in P3d v3.1 i can see the difference straight away.

also do use use road traffic .in city areas this can be a hog.i would turn that down to 5-8%

cheers

steve

I dont use Road Traffic at all as I only fly tubes.

I tried it once at 10% and I was landing at LAX, OMG what the xxxK has happened to my fps,.....10% road traffic in LA....thats what happened. Traffic =OFF  :smile:

New York (probably being the worst performer of all), Toronto, London, Amsterdam, Paris...

I would love to fly there more often in my complex jets, real weather, traffic and all my other FS bells and whistles, but every time I try I use some uncensored vocabulary.

The last time I tried landing at EGLL with full traffic and heavy clouds, it was so bad that I had to do some research and set up a thread about it here in the forum.