Sign in to follow this  
fras444

Are defult airprorts updated with Orbx global

Hey guys sorry if this has already been discussed....

A new old guy to FSX

I am interested in getting Orbx global especially after just trying the amazing NZ orbx!!! Are the default airports on fsx updated with the download of orbx global...? like for example, the new Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport or Dubai and are those annoying major airports such as Sydney that only have like two default heavy/A380 gates... Is that updated as well...?

Also one more generic question... What is the best up to date AI traffic for 2015 to compliment the orbx global

Thanks so much and sorry for a generic question

Not sure what you mean with "orbx global"... Orbx is the company name, not any product name.

If you mean "FTX Global", no, it is just textures for the scenery and will not do anything for your airports.

Neither will FTX Global Vector, or the OpenLC products. They're all just scenery improvers.

And yet... there is a whole list of freeware airports that comes with ftx global. Maybe not the specific airports you mention, but quite a few.

Bert

Thanks very much for that Yeah I was meaning FTX global. If I get the FTX global, is it best to download those other products as well, like straight away to get the right effects?? Global Vector and OpenLC?? Or will I see a dramatic enough result from FTX Global before downloading the other ones. For areas like Asia Middle east and India are there any Orbix style packages that fix default airport bugs such as lack of heavy gates at major airports and airports that weren't build before FSX came out

Global will not fix those airports, but it does work on its own.

It will change the overall look, for the better, but none of these products will change those airports..

Bert

FTX Global is simply a texture replacement addon, it doesn't change airports in any way.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Don't get over-anxious and try to get everything at once.  Get one thing, install it and test it for a while before

moving on to the next.  Too many newbies feel like they are way behind everyone else, especially after watching

"Doctored-up" Youtube videos posted by flightsimmers.  I have ORBX PNW with a couple of the addon

airports and it does make a world of difference.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Well I certainly think it is worth getting FTX Global openLC. It is a noticeable improvement over Global itself (even though it doesn't improve the airports). However, it depends where you want to fly - OpenLC is currently available only for Europe and Alaska/Canada.

And another point; if you get the FTX Regions, they do have upgraded airports. And some of them are very high quality (e.g., Santa Barbara in SoCal and Humberside in England).

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049