Sign in to follow this  
conura

Is the FF767 worth purchasing without much time invested in 757?

Hello all,

I bought the FF757 however unfortunately my system wasn't really up to the task. I've since upgraded to a gtx 970 so am going to reinstall XP10.

I have spent almost no time with the 757. Is the 767 enough of an improvement to justify purchasing it without having spent time with the 757? Alternatively should I just wait for the ixeg?

Advice appreciated :) 

The FF 767 is a very big improvement over the 757. However, I suspect the IXEG will eclipse the 767 by some distance in terms of systems. If you only have money for one, hang on a few weeks for the IXEG

Alright I'll do that - thanks very much for the info :)

Do you think my old 2500k i5 at 4ghz is up to the task of the ixeg?

I run an i5 4690k at 4.3ghz with an Nvidia 970 and it is very smooth with fairly high settings.

Thank you for this. I'll have a play around and see what I can do to get the best fps. The ixeg videos look incredible.

Alright I'll do that - thanks very much for the info :)

Do you think my old 2500k i5 at 4ghz is up to the task of the ixeg?

Cpu is still solid. Rest depends on the graphics card you have.

-Roland

Cpu is still solid. Rest depends on the graphics card you have.

Asus GTX970 4gb - so running at 1920-1080 I hope to be okay, though the IXEG looks like another level graphically.

I also have the 757 & 777 but I really do like the 767. I was lucky and got a gift voucher for Christmas and used that for the purchase.

Can you sell your old addon aircraft lol maybe there's a thought for a new website :)

I also really like the Jar A330 and my 737 Twinjet. Sometimes I hop in that one to do a short regional using the old steam gauges 

One thing I do know in the year I have owned X-plane it has significantly improved as a simulator and I find myself almost exclusively flying in it. I do find it interesting that our hobby can still bring any pc out there to it's knees, I know I can certainly turn mine into a slideshow and I certainly have no slouch of a machine.

On wards & upwards, waiting excitedly for the IXEG 737 but certainly enjoying whats in my hanger right now 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I want the FF767 but I know as soon as the ixeg comes out the 767 will stay in the hanger so wud be a waste of money for me personally, BUT.....X-plane is coming on now, it really is getting there, X-plane will surpass th m in time in my opinion. I have been into flight sim since 1999 and GOD it's changed, it's going to be X-plane and prep 3D for the future for sure. ✈ Great hobby isn't it!!!

Regards

Paul EGCC

I believe it's well worth it. I just competed a flight from EGPH-EGLL. I did an autoland at Heathrow with a touchdown rate of -56fpm. Here's a few shots

767PW-300ER_29_zpsxazfnakk.png

767PW-300ER_30_zpsfultkb9g.png

767PW-300ER_31_zpsylphfup8.png

NAX669.png

The download is currently v1025, which corrected the very minor problems that were in the original releases.  It's hard to see that it could be much better.

John

John Wingold

Must admit, I was not going to purchase the 767 due to not being happy with their 757 and 777. After reading the reviews, it looks like FF has finally stepped up their 3d modelling and textures.  The 767 looks very nice and I am going to purchase it soon.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.